Model 3

GMC waves the white flag

GM admits there’s no truck. It’s all CGI. Sad.

https://insideevs.com/news/450345/gm-admits-no-gmc-hummer-ev-exists-yet/

Comments

• Another rendering.
  • Never thought there would be this much desperation among the supposed faithful. Geees Tesla looking good but fear overwhelms. Oh, forgot GM Cruise is way ahead of Tesla in the autonomous driving and robotaxi race. Over leveraged I guess or plain desperate. Guess I said desperate twice. Fits though.
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > Never thought there would be this much desperation among the supposed faithful. Geees Tesla looking good but fear overwhelms. Oh, forgot GM Cruise is way ahead of Tesla in the autonomous driving and robotaxi race. Over leveraged I guess or plain desperate. Guess I said desperate twice. Fits though.

Have you seen the size of the equipment on the roof and rear view mirrors of the cruise, that car is as aerodinamic as a brick, and limited to a very specific area. that is not a consumer car by any means, you are not taking that car cross country, so i dont really see what the bragging about that car is
  • Yes, and my old AT PC is now in my pocket with thousands of times the computing power. The hardware will shrink rapidly. Those already doing it have the lead. Disengagement rates will determine if Tesla’s hardware is really sufficient for Level 4. No way for Level 5. That won’t be determined until actual controlled testing takes place. Makes you wonder why it has not been all along. 12 documented Level 4 miles in a year is telling.
  • Funny how senility leads to people retelling the same story over and over.
  • I must be naive, but did not realize auto manufacturers were now doing this. How can you take preorders based on specs for a vehicle they’ve never made. Should make anyone question what vehicle they will truly get in a year, assuming it’s even released by then. What a joke.
  • Disengagement rates will determine if Tesla’s hardware is really sufficient for Level 4. No way for Level 5. That won’t be determined until actual controlled testing takes place.-Howard

What evidence is there that disengagement rates is the key metric at NHTSA? Or is this a test to satisfy you? What do you mean by “controlled” testing? Does NHTSA perform testing on public roads before giving permits?
  • Trolls love to pretend they know what they are talking about. All bullshit.
  • > @jallred said:
    > Disengagement rates will determine if Tesla’s hardware is really sufficient for Level 4. No way for Level 5. That won’t be determined until actual controlled testing takes place.-Howard
    >
    > What evidence is there that disengagement rates is the key metric at NHTSA? Or is this a test to satisfy you? What do you mean by “controlled” testing? Does NHTSA perform testing on public roads before giving permits?

Yet another nonsense misinformation deflection. Please jallred show me where I said anything about NHTSA? What a joke!

You just can't help yourself posting false information about anything and anyone.

Disengagement rates are a metric in the State of California which as far as I know is the only place Tesla has recorded any miles under actual controlled testing. Tesla has only driven a total of 12 autonomous miles with zero disengagements which is probably why there are only 12 miles recorded.

Tesla in 2019 only drove 12 miles autonomously while other manufactures recorded a total of nearly 3 million miles in CA alone.

All the controlled testing data is here:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-industry-services/autonomous-vehicles/disengagement-reports/
  • howard is like a spoiled child who refuses to stop screaming the same incoherent sentence over and over. No matter how many times you explain to him, he is babbling nonsense he just keeps screaming.

Howard when was the last time you had even one person agree with you, just one? That should really tell you something. But I know, it wont and you will screaming nonsense.
  • Stop derailing my thread about GM waving the white flag.
  • And it's this: Car companies keep on screaming, "We've got a Tesla Killer! Tesla is Doomed! We Win!". And then it turns out that it's sizzle, not steak. Tesla didn't start taking pre-orders on M3's until they drove one onto a stage. And that wasn't downhill, either.
    GM's playing silly buggers with CGI. They may, indeed, have a clay model or two in the back; but nothing that drives.
    FUD. By a billion dollar company. Sheesh.
  • "Some people will be really bent out of shape to learn that there is actually no GMC Hummer EV in existence yet."

> @Bighorn said:
    > Stop derailing my thread about GM waving the white flag.

Sorry, back on topic.

"Depending on how you look at it, this isn't all that different from the days of concept cars at auto shows. They were there for people to drool over, but weren't typically working vehicles. However, we can also argue that this is much different since companies are touting specs for these cars, taking reservations, and treating them as if they are production vehicles, while not actually having an example on hand.

In GM's defense, it has the battery technology and architecture all set. So, it's really just a matter of dropping a Hummer body on top, right?

It's not that simple, but yes, sort of. Some people will be really bent out of shape to learn that there is actually no GMC Hummer EV in existence yet. However, this paints an interesting picture of the future. If startups and automakers can build a working EV platform and then launch several new vehicles on that platform in record time, it will be a brand-new direction for the automotive world."

Given GM's considerable lead in EV autonomous driving, it seems pretty reasonable GM will hit the target or we could just use Elon's ever-moving targets and timelines. Then it is fully guaranteed.
  • Lol any one else getting this morning recommended articles about GM supercruise being so much better than Teslas Autopilot. So pathetic.
  • I think we're all a little gun shy after the Trevor Milton show, with his gravity based locomotion. And the Hummer will have a 200 kWh battery? Is that correct? Intuitively, it seems too massive without battery tech beyond their current reach.
  • Please jallred show me where I said anything about NHTSA? -Howard

Since I don’t live in CA, I could care less what the CA DMV wants for data in its autonomous permit process. This is a program to give permits for research, not to allow a feature in a consumer’s vehicle.

It doesn’t matter if Tesla participates in this program or not. If a requirement is to give the dmv a report of every disengagement, then that is probably the reason they don’t participate. They use every car to do this testing and they don’t have to ask permission or share data.

All the controlled testing data is here:-Howard

What makes the testing “controlled”?
  • > @jallred said:
    >
    > What makes the testing “controlled”?

The deflections have gotten to the point of being childish nonsense.

NEXT please.
  • every time someone calls out howard's bullshit, he calls it a deflection. You REALLY need some new material if you want anyone to take you seriously.

As I said before you cannot even find one person to agree with you, this peaks volumes. Even fish has a few people who occasionally agree with him.. You really need to take a hard look in the mirror at the joke you have made of yourself.

When you look stupider than Fish... well...
  • The deflections have gotten to the point of being childish nonsense.-Howard

When you don’t know the answer, you resort to name calling?

Why not answer? You used the word, shouldn’t you know what it means?
  • The deflections have gotten to the point of being childish nonsense.-Howard

If you don’t like the questions you are free to leave.
  • jallred, sure do and so do you. But please continue to display your awesome intellect or just be insulting as both fit.

At least Bighorn will just use the one-word insult "Idiot" and move on. There is no need to post all your protracted nonsense to just try to make yourself relevant. Not sure which is worse but Idiot is much easier to read and understand. Try it.
  • idiot next
  • > @Trump_2020 said:
    > idiot next

My gosh, that is so much better. Thank you and I mean it.
  • jallred, sure do and so do you. But please continue to display your awesome intellect or just be insulting as both fit.
    -Howard

1. Howard writes posts with big words.
    2. Someone asks what the words mean.
    3. Howard gets all upset and loses control.

Nice.