Model S

Replace air suspension -2013

Have you had to replace/repair air suspension? Wondering the cost, I haven't been able to speak with an actual service person as everything is automated....

Comments

• Not in over 300k miles. I had a loose fitting that leaked and was readily fixed. Otherwise, no issues.
  • Is there something wrong with your air suspension?
  • I just had this done in July for both rear suspensions. It was $1300 for each not including tax.
  • Thank you for the info . The suspension is hissing upon "park" , it only has 125,000 miles on. I just noticed it didn't charge last night.... I'll check into all this
  • If the car is settling due to an air leak, you'll hear the compressor cycle more often. I also had an idiot light on the dash which was the icon that looks like Jack mode, but it was red as I recall.
  • OP, have you noticed the car sitting too low upon returning to the car?

Just to add to SbMD's remarks. When I was configuring my car in Jan 2014, I looked into what an air shock would cost on a comparable size car. I looked up the part for an Audi A8. Back then, the part alone was $1,800.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > OP, have you noticed the car sitting too low upon returning to the car?
    >
    > Just to add to SbMD's remarks. When I was configuring my car in Jan 2014, I looked into what an air shock would cost on a comparable size car. I looked up the part for an Audi A8. Back then, the part alone was $1,800.

No the car is not sitting low, same height I left it on, just hissing upon park. I imagine 1,800-2000 in repairs
  • If it is the air suspension, then the car should drop after it has been sitting idle. Sometimes it takes a day to see this happen depending on the size of the leak.
  • When my 2013 MS P85 was maybe two years old, it too developed a hissing sound which led to hearing the suspension compressor running way too long. Turned out to be a leak in one of the lines from the compressor reservoir. They said it was from friction of the line rubbing against something. Very minor cost to fix (maybe still under warranty at that time) and the car now seven years old has 187K miles. Have it checked out. Hissing sound by itself doesn't necessarily mean that there is a catastrophic problem.