General

FSD Observations

I just added FSD to my model Y, and my impressions of this current version aren’t good. I obviously had my expectations set too high for this moment in time.

It recognizes stop lights but either severely slows down or stops whether the light is red or green. It does better with stop signs. Trying to turn right on red is a battle. I hit the accelerator, and it tries to brake with a loud thud, more than once until it gives up. Not sure how they can address that

For the most part it recognizes speed limits, but I thought it would use them to set my TACC. It doesn’t.

For now I turned off the stop sign and traffic light feature, until there are some updates.

I plan to keep the FSD ( I had EAP) , in hopes that the semi FSD happens sooner rather than later

Comments

• There is a major rewrite that was done and is expected to be released around the end of the year. It will get a lot better.
  • Yep, FSD vs EAP or regular autopilot is not much difference. Give it a couple months or until the current Beta update gets public release.
  • That’s what I’m hoping for. In the mean time I own it prior to the price increase.
  • > @2manycars said:
    > It recognizes stop lights but either severely slows down or stops whether the light is red or green. It does better with stop signs. Trying to turn right on red is a battle. I hit the accelerator, and it tries to brake with a loud thud, more than once until it gives up. Not sure how they can address that
    >
    > For the most part it recognizes speed limits, but I thought it would use them to set my TACC. It doesn’t.

Slowing down for stop lights whether green or red...working as currently designed. Did you notice the little alert that comes up when it sees the light? Basically it says to hit the gear stalk or press on the accelerator to continue through the light. This is basically a beta DEMO functionality to show people what the car can see and how it can react to traffic lights.
  • It does seem to show all of lights, and they seem to be the correct color