Model 3

Slacker not working like it used to... HELP

Hello all. Long time reader, very infrequent poster. I have July 2018 LR RWD Model 3. For the past almost 2 years I have been using Slacker radio with essentially no problems. I know that the ability to play specific requested songs has changed over time, but I have NEVER had issues looking up a particular Artist or Song when searching... until recently. Starting about a month ago, AFTER I finish a trial of Spotify in the car (which I was pretty happy with), I decided to go back to Slacker (non paid version, included with the car). When I did this, I lost my ability to add new artists/songs to my favorites like I had been able to do before. I can still listen to music by navigating through the listed categories, but searches yield no results. After unsuccessfully googling how to address this (multiple resets, re-logging into slacker), I made a service call to Tesla. Tesla mobile service came out to take a look and 3 weeks later, after escalating, they don’t have an answer and are telling me everything is functioning as it should. Have any of you had this issue before? Does anyone know how to fix this? Tesla mobile service is not giving me confidence right now.

Thanks!

Comments

• "I have NEVER had issues looking up a particular Artist or Song when searching... until recently. " hmm it has never worked that well on Slacker for me Aug 2018 M3 LRAWD btw.

"I lost my ability to add new artists/songs to my favorites like I had been able to do before." All you can do is give it thumbs up or down there is no real just favorites list never was.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying but Slacker is and always was limited in what it could do.

If I am listening to the Tesla favorites there are times it will play the same song again and again every few songs it's insane. Maybe you just go use to Spotify and now you are going back and expecting some similar function.

Like I was saying Slacker is haphazard and random at its best.

I also don't know what you expect Tesla or service to do about this sounds like it is operating just as lame as Slacker always has operated.

Slacker is free random radio at its best if you want better than Spotify.

Like I said maybe I am not getting what you are saying if I am not maybe Tesla is not either.
  • “Maybe you just go use to Spotify and now you are going back and expecting some similar function.”

Definitely not the case. Only had Spotify for 3 months (trial) so I know how Slacker has worked. Slacker, for all intents and purposes, works like Pandora in that you search for an artist/song and it plays similar music. The searched artist/song, I thought, becomes a favorite station (which is besides the point). When I search for any artist or song, it gives me no results. It has never worked that way.

See this link below. I would not be able to do what this person did at 3:25 in the video. “Shake it off” would not come up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqzwrE3QCZU

I really didn’t think it was too much to ask/expect for Tesla to help resolve this issue, but maybe you are right...

And that is unfortunate...
  • By the way, I have a sneaky suspicion that a factory reset would help resolve the issue, but I don’t want to have to go through the trouble of setting everything up again.
  • So I wound up trying a factory reset after striking out with Tesla service. After the reset, everything was back to normal. Unfortunately, I had you reconfigure all my setting, which wasn’t too bad.

When reconfiguring everything, I noticed that my Homelink option disappeared. I actually made a mobile service appointment to have it looked at, but later on in the evening I noticed the option appeared. I don’t know if Tesla did something OTA as a result of my service appointment or it resolved itself on its own.

The bottom line is everything is back to working like it should. =)