Model Y

Delivery time estimate

Is it just me, or could the order status page use some improvements? When ordered my MY(long range blue) on Sept 15, the order page said delivery in 6-10 weeks. I have been checking every day since then, and it still says delivery in 6-10 weeks from order date. At a minimum, they know when my order date was, so could at least subtract a week each week, if not an actual ETA estimate. I was hoping that once I got my VIN, there would be an update to the ETA, but nope.
On a semi-related note, I found the order tracking spreadsheet(awesome, btw). At first it made me feel better about my 41 day order to VIN assignment time, but then I noticed that there was one person from my same town that ordered precisely the same version of the MY that ordered two weeks after I did and got a VIN assignment a couple weeks before me(and has delivery scheduled in a day or two, whereas I still haven't heard from anyone at Tesla). I know there are still other factors(financing and trade-in mainly) to take into account, but should I be worried?

Comments

• Just call your local showroom where you are picking up your car. I was in the same boat and I stopped by spoke to someone found out my car was not only built but ready to be loaded on a train. He knew the estimated date it would arrive and made my delivery apt.

But yes the status system could use an update with today's tech there is no reason it can't give you exact details.
  • They said 6-10 weeks. After 10 weeks worry. Till then what more do you expect. Pretty simple process actually.
  • > @007bond said:
    > Just call your local showroom where you are picking up your car. I was in the same boat and I stopped by spoke to someone found out my car was not only built but ready to be loaded on a train. He knew the estimated date it would arrive and made my delivery apt.
    >
    > But yes the status system could use an update with today's tech there is no reason it can't give you exact details.
    Yeah, sorry, that is the point where I should have been more clear(and also my reason for concern). While I have a service center(and Gallery whatever that is supposed to mean), I cannot accept delivery there. The nearest showroom in my state is 322 miles away. Before I ordered, that weirded me out enough that I asked the Tesla person who contacted me with a trade-in estimate about my delivery options. They told me I could take delivery there, so I ordered the next day. Once I found out that I was going to have to do home delivery, I almost cancelled. So I guess I can just generically reach out to Tesla, but it would be nice to have a specific person there I knew I could contact(which now that I have a VIN should be soon I guess).
    Overall, though, the whole home delivery thing is why I have been just patiently waiting as technically things are still on time. It was only over the last couple of days reading the threads here(and then the spreadsheet) and seeing many people getting their vehicles MUCH sooner that I started to worry a bit. Seeing someone else near me(and thus in the same boat with home delivery) getting the exact same model much sooner(order to vin assignment 30 days sooner) is what got me to post.
  • Me too there are people on that delivery tracker (and here) that ordered after me and are not only picking up in the same state but the same location that are getting their cars a few weeks before me.

I would say call that show room or really any showroom as any one that picks up the phone can check the computer to see where your car is so just call see what happens.
  • Ordered last week. Picking up in two weeks. Might be options you ordered. Mine was vanilla (not color, it is blue with black interior actually) with trailer hitch and FSD and no loan or lease or trade in so that might be a reason. I returned my Leaf (under lease) in Aug 2019.
  • > @OldGuy said:
    > Ordered last week. Picking up in two weeks. Might be options you ordered. Mine was vanilla (not color, it is blue with black interior actually) with trailer hitch and FSD and no loan or lease or trade in so that might be a reason. I returned my Leaf (under lease) in Aug 2019.

Yeah, I suspect it must be something on the money side in my case(decided to finance through them and am trading in) as mine is also pretty vanilla(blue with black interior, no fsd, no hitch) and I have seen many of those including one in my area that were ordered after me and received already. It was that combined with what I said in my original posting about the order page pretty much not changing at all since the day that I ordered that had me concerned.

At any rate, last night, my page did finally change! I still haven't heard from anyone, but it no longer says 6-10 weeks from order date and it shows my delivery location. So yay progress!
  • Mien is no options just click click click pay cash.
  • My 5-9 week estimate disappeared from my order page too. I have a performance grey on order since 10/15.
  • do i know when my car arrive
  • Ordered mine 11/1 white/black interior long range. I received a message my estimated delivery is 2-5 weeks from Thursday, 11/19. I checked my account today and the “estimated delivery” disappeared. Check in with my SA a week ago and she said estimated delivery should be first week of December.
  • Ordered MYLR, gray, tow hitch in Bay Area on 10/3 with a 3-7 week window. On week 6 I received a text that it would be another 4-8 weeks and the message online no longer shows weeks, just ‘we’ll notify you’. Yesterday was 8 weeks from original order. Trying to be patient.
  • I am having the same issue , the estimated delivery is now blank. I spoke to a SA and he stated that maybe by the end of the year. Ordered on 10/10 i am also trying to be patient, but getting thin.
  • Was in the same situation till yesterday. Ordered LR MSM on 10/11. Just got VIN assigned today.
    Stay put guys, it will happen soon 🙂.
  • Murti,

This gives me hope

Thanks for the info
  • I posted this, but it disappeared???

Anyways, I just ordered a model Y on Wednesday (first Tesla!). I got a VIN the same day. Most seem to wait for weeks. What does this mean?
  • Why do we (the customers ) need to develop a tracking page. You think a tech company would be better at forecasting their production and supply us with a date not just a arbitrary 5 to 6 weeks estimate.
  • > @DanDMN said:
    > I posted this, but it disappeared???
    >
    > Anyways, I just ordered a model Y on Wednesday (first Tesla!). I got a VIN the same day. Most seem to wait for weeks. What does this mean?

I'd be concerned if it's a VIN in the 60xxx range since it's probably a reject. Hopefully you got a 75xxx and up VIN.
  • > @Kezz said:
    > > @DanDMN said:
    > > I posted this, but it disappeared???
    > >
    > > Anyways, I just ordered a model Y on Wednesday (first Tesla!). I got a VIN the same day. Most seem to wait for weeks. What does this mean?
    >
    > I'd be concerned if it's a VIN in the 60xxx range since it's probably a reject. Hopefully you got a 75xxx and up VIN.

Yep, it’s a 75xxx one. That’s where we should be at?
  • > @DanDMN said:
    > > @Kezz said:
    > > > @DanDMN said:
    > > > I posted this, but it disappeared???
    > > >
    > > > Anyways, I just ordered a model Y on Wednesday (first Tesla!). I got a VIN the same day. Most seem to wait for weeks. What does this mean?
    > >
    > > I'd be concerned if it's a VIN in the 60xxx range since it's probably a reject. Hopefully you got a 75xxx and up VIN.
    >
    >
    > Yep, it’s a 75xxx one. That’s where we should be at?

You should be safe then. That's right where the cutoff is for the mirrors and usb stick. The very newest ones are 82xxx-ish.