Model S

AUTOPILOT SAFETY/CONVENICE FEATURES UNAVALIABLE

Car has been saying this on dash all day do u think local weather conditions disable autopilot or is my car just acting stupid

Comments

• Hard to say. Are you in the middle of a hurricane or snow whiteout? Does your car have a layer of ash so thick you can't see through the windshield? Do you have a 3" thick layer of ice on the front bumper blocking the radar?

If none of those conditions are occurring, the cameras are all clean, and the radar not blocked, I'd try a reset. Beyond that, if it continues, a service visit may be in your future.
  • I’ll take a look at my rear pointing cameras on the screen to see if the cameras are obscured or not. Sometimes a camera can be blinded by the sun or rearward headlights. Water accumulation is a common culprit in heavy rain. Car can still drive fine, but won’t auto lane change.
  • Ok day 3 of no cruise or autopilot after heavy rain i cleaned front sonar and cameras and I think the front sonar has gone bad being i have no visuals on my front screen
  • What visuals are you referring to?
  • Cars in front of you and lanes on dash
  • I think those use the camera more than the ultrasonic sensors. I've had those visualizations disappear on a couple of occasions, but I could still use Autopilot -- it was a bit disconcerting not seeing the lane lines and other cars. In my case a reboot fixed the issue.

It sounds like you might have a hardware issue, so I suggest making a service appointment. On the rare occasion I've had Autopilot disable due to torrential rain, it came back on as soon as the weather improved a little. Most of the time Autopilot (Autosteer, not Navigate on Autopilot) stays on even in torrential rain, and sees the lane markers better than I can.
  • I’m assuming a reboot was performed.
  • Yes reboot redone twice . But no change but today was driving and turned into att store about my phone and well it came back on but only after I did a service appt app request hour later it started back working
  • Is English not one of your languages? Just trying to figure out multiple vapid and vulgar posts right now. Not the norm, but don’t want to judge if English is your fourth language or you’re learning disabled.
  • @Bighorn - Where are these vulgar posts? Don’t see them in this thread.
  • @EVRider
    There were 4 different threads where the contributions were just life sucking for their stupidity.