General

Referral Program

Anyone else have an issue where you referred someone to order a Tesla. Neighbor cancelled the original order then reordered but the referral didn't transfer over. So neighbor comes home with new Tesla and I get no charging credits. Makes you want to keep referring HA HA. I tried to reach out and get fixed and also had my neighbor call and they said sorry should have been done before he took ownership. Cant get anyone at Tesla to assist and its frustrating, first they take away the unlimited supercharging when transferred car in my name and now they cant even rectify 1000 mile credits for helping them sell cars.

Answers

• Nope, once the sale is done, from what others have said, there is no changing it.
  • The referral wouldn't transfer to the new order unless the neighbor used your referral link the second time. Not really Tesla's fault, is it?
  • Just to provide some context before you spend too much time and effort on getting those 1,000 miles back. It amounts to about $50. That is your savings for those free 1,000 miles.
  • Here in VA we can not participate in the referral program. Included a referral number with our MY order and received an email back that VA and Ohio residents, because of state and local laws, are not allowed to participate in the program.

Also, other than the Tesla showroom in Richmond, there was not a single EV to test drive in the entire state. Apparently you can not purchase any EV in this state. I have sent hand written letters and emails to every member of the VA legislature. This is ridiculous, ludicrous! Plus there are no state incentives for purchasing any EV.

If you live in VA, please consider writing to your state representatives. Thank you.
  • I don’t think it’s true that you can’t purchase an EV in Virginia. You can purchase a Tesla, though there’s only one Tesla Store, and I doubt there are any restrictions on other EV’s sold by auto dealers.
  • > @EVRider said:
    > I don’t think it’s true that you can’t purchase an EV in Virginia. You can purchase a Tesla, though there’s only one Tesla Store, and I doubt there are any restrictions on other EV’s sold by auto dealers.

You are right. After further research I found out that that EVs can be sold in VA and every single sales person we spoke with at dealerships just outright lied to us. Why would they do that?? But obviously they did and I fell for it. I am sorry for posting inaccurate information. These forums are wonderful and I would hate to get a bad reputation here.

I am happy to report that there are now 2 Tesla Stores in VA. One in Vienna and one near Richmond. Plus a Tesla Service Center is now open in Virginia Beach. Having the service center so close helped my husband feel more confident in purchasing a Tesla. Again I am very sorry for the wrong information. Please accept my apology.
  • No problem. Thank you for following up and finding the correct information. I wish more people would do that.