General

Tires

I have a Tesla Model 3 and have 235/40r19 tires. These tires have foam inserted and am wondering on what to do. The tire shop said if I’d buy tires without foam, it would make a lot more noise. I have two in mind. Bridgestone Turanza QuiteTrack and and the Hankook PT does anyone have experience with either of these tires and let me know if there is going to be a lot more wind noise or not. Will either of these tires make a lot more noise than the standard continental that were originally on the car.

Comments

• The foam doesn't do very much for noise reduction, in spectrum analysis tests it alters the frequency spectrum a bit but over all noise reduction is only about 1-3db.
  • Hey 3db reduction is half. I keep telling my boss I want a 3db pay raise, but he keeps saying no.
  • Call me a cynic but tire shops are for financial reasons, going to play up the noise reduction qualities of these foam lined tires.
  • Will tires without foam make a huge difference the tire shop said it will make a huge difference? I have two tires in mind Bridgestone Turnza Quitetrack and the Hankook PT I have the 19-inch rims. Which one should I go with I can't seem to find out which one is better?. Also just as a reminder will tires without foam make a huge difference the tire shop said it will make a huge difference? Thank you all for replying to this forum very much appreciated.
  • I appreciate everyone responding to this forum. I accidentally messed up I posted this a few times by accident here is the link for the most current up to date decision on tires https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/178012/tire-choice. Thank you all for helping me out.