General

Leaning to “test the Tesla”

Have had my car for almost a month now and finally starting trust the car. Trust it to change lanes, trust it to slow down , trust it to pick the correct lane, trust it to stop for stop signs, trust it to keep me in lane. The list goes on and on. I hope I will be comfortable enough to watch the road and not death grip the wheel every time the car needs to make a decision

Comments

  • > @2manycars said:
    > Have had my car for almost a month now and finally starting trust the car. Trust it to change lanes, trust it to slow down , trust it to pick the correct lane, trust it to stop for stop signs, trust it to keep me in lane. The list goes on and on. I hope I will be comfortable enough to watch the road and not death grip the wheel every time the car needs to make a decision

    A FSD Tesla is like a woman driving. Need to be closely watched and constantly observed before being trusted.
  • > @Optimusk_Prime said:
    > A FSD Tesla is like a woman driving. Need to be closely watched and constantly observed before being trusted.

    Statement of the year!
  • I apologize for nor correcting the errors in my title It should read

    Learning to trust the Tesla
  • > @2manycars said:
    > I apologize for nor correcting the errors in my title It should read
    >
    > Learning to trust the Tesla

    I think we know what you meant. It's a GREAT post.
    I think most of us share your process. new tech can be scary and intimidating and fun at the same time.
  • > @Cousin_Eddie said:
    > > @Optimusk_Prime said:
    > > A FSD Tesla is like a woman driving. Need to be closely watched and constantly observed before being trusted.
    > > Statement of the year!”

    For all the wrong reasons.
  • > @Optimusk_Prime said:
    > A FSD Tesla is like a woman driving. Need to be closely watched and constantly observed before being trusted.

    Uh, do you know what year this is? What century this is? Can’t believe I’m saying this but Fish is correct.
  • I staying out of this
  • > @Cousin_Eddie said:
    > > @Optimusk_Prime said:
    > > A FSD Tesla is like a woman driving. Need to be closely watched and constantly observed before being trusted.
    >
    > Statement of the year!

    If the year was 1950 in the USA or 2017 in Saudi Arabia.
  • Agreed. I know we go off topic but misogyny and other forms of bigotry should not be tolerated on these threads. @Optimusk. Please don’t try tell us you were only joking and go back to your Trump superspreader event.
  • WRT trusting the cat as 2manycars mentioned- Yeah! Takes a bit to trust a car to change lanes and park on its own. Particularly to slow down when approaching a stopped car (TACC). That’s where it does feel like being a passenger.

    Of course always be aware of what is going on around you and supervise your car. The AP features allow you to see a larger radius of what is going on vs when you’re driving and still be safe, but you still gotta pay attention to that inner radius.

    Not sure I’ll *ever* tryst FSD enough :)
  • > @SCCRENDO said:
    > Agreed. I know we go off topic but misogyny and other forms of bigotry should not be tolerated on these threads. @Optimusk. Please don’t try tell us you were only joking and go back to your Trump superspreader event.

    Trump 2020!!!!
    YEA!!
  • @TT, does your cat get more or less nags than you do?
  • > @SCCRENDO said:
    > Agreed. I know we go off topic but misogyny and other forms of bigotry should not be tolerated on these threads. @Optimusk. Please don’t try tell us you were only joking and go back to your Trump superspreader event.

    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You accused him of being Trump supporter, going to a Trump Rally, Not wearing a mask...
    Do you know cousin Eddie?
  • I don’t think I want to know Cousin Eddie
  • > @SCCRENDO said:
    > I don’t think I want to know Cousin Eddie


    I understand...Most Antifa members find me rather intimidating
  • Why would I find you intimidating?
    I don’t have an ANTIFA membership card but I sure am anti-fascist. Are you pro- fascist cousin
  • Back on topic...good for you for starting to trust the AP/FSD. I've had mine for a little over a month and quickly learned to trust it. My process was using it on highways at first then on back roads (think I did it on day 2 haha). Within a few days to a week, I am very comfortable with it. I'd say the key is learning what situations confuses it or causes phantom braking. The repeatable phantom braking situation I've found thus far is if I'm in the right most lane on the highway and when there's a vehicle coming off the on-ramp onto the highway. That always seems to cause a phantom braking event.

    That said, I rarely drive in the right most lane. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.