Model Y

2021 Model Y delivered with defective windshield

My MY has waves in the windshield glass that are really noticeable and annoying, especially for my husband in the passenger seat. See photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/THoV658ErJMDt9Zn9.

Have any of you had to have Tesla replace a windshield for this problem?

Comments

• There was another post about I think the same thing.

https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/178051/blurry-windshield
  • I’d report it in the service app - defective, and potentially dangerous
  • I had the same thing. I reported it and they have a windshield on order and the mobile service tech is going to let me know when available.
  • Thanks, @Seijai2000. It's a real thing. Carsick inducing.
  • I agree, it’s carsickness inducing. Will be glad when it is replaced. I really like my car otherwise.
  • just curious, the orig poster, what is your VIN so maybe others built within the same numbers might have the same issues? Thanks.
  • Saw this after posting.
    Same problem on my Y - wavy windshield. VIN 69XXX.

Made a service appointment. I'll report back when I get this resolved.
  • My MY VIN is 689xx (received on 11/12/2020), and the windshield is OK.
  • My VIN is 678xx (delivered to Portland, Oregon on 11/4/2020).
  • > @Seijai2000 said:
    > I had the same thing. I reported it and they have a windshield on order and the mobile service tech is going to let me know when available.

I don't think the mobile tech can install the windshield. I had my Model 3 windshield replaced last year for rock chips and it HAD to go to the service center as they have to calibrate the cameras.
  • > @Seijai2000 said:
    > I had the same thing. I reported it and they have a windshield on order and the mobile service tech is going to let me know when available.

Did you ever get your windshield replaced, @Seijai2000 ? Is it better? My MY is in the shop now to replace the windshield, supposedly Monday. Went from an ETA of "one day" to four. Really annoying.
  • My Y was delivered directly to my home in October. I recently noticed pits in the windshield, found four, and created a service appointment for a replacement. Looks like defects to me as they are not chips. So far all I've received form Tesla is a service estimate they want signed prior to my service appointment...
  • UPDATE: Got my new windshield installed. It's pretty much perfect. Now my husband can ride with me and not throw up. Just wish they'd wiped off the dashboard. 😜