General

Tesla Model X after 50,000 Miles

The high voltage battery on my 2017 model X went out after 52000 miles. A few other small items started to go awry as well. That’s when I found out Tesla will not extend my warranty even though no reminder was ever given. Is it normal industry practice? The extended warranty is not cheap either. Is it because they knew they will lose money after 50000 miles and their cars will start falling apart? Their service has turned unresponsive and Tesla is refusing to make any reasonable adjustments even in this period of the pandemic. They also want you to resolve all issues via an app which gets no replies. The trade in value of the vehicle is also much lower than any other traditional vehicles in the same price range, contrary to what they claimed when I first bought it. I remain optimistic about Tesla cars but should I consider getting a new one after 50000 miles? Is Tesla yet another one of those American cars which fall apart after 50000 miles?

Comments

• 2014 Model S, 184,000 miles, original battery, original brakes. DU replaced for the milling noise at the 32,000 mile mark. What I spent in out of pocket repairs between 50,000 miles and 100,000 miles (period for extended warranty), was less than what the extended warranty would have cost me had I bought it.
  • So many nut stories lately. Unbelievable OP.
  • Main battery has 8 year warranty. GTFOH
  • Another account created on the same day as the post.

https://forums.tesla.com/profile/Jack_Peace

Flag it!
  • Yep, looks like another hit and run FUDster that doesn't actually own a Tesla. The battery pack warranty is 8 years and it is quite rare to hear of these failing. Far more reliable than an ICE engine.
  • FishHook people are getting desperate, the end is coming into view for them, sadly it will get worse
  • Even though I didn't vote for Biden I am excited about more progressive view on renewable energy from his Administration.
  • Will that effect carry the day in the Jan vote in 2 states for the Senate?
  • > @Jack_Peace said:
    > The high voltage battery on my 2017 model X went out after 52000 miles. A few other small items started to go awry as well. That’s when I found out Tesla will not extend my warranty even though no reminder was ever given. Is it normal industry practice? The extended warranty is not cheap either. Is it because they knew they will lose money after 50000 miles and their cars will start falling apart? Their service has turned unresponsive and Tesla is refusing to make any reasonable adjustments even in this period of the pandemic. They also want you to resolve all issues via an app which gets no replies. The trade in value of the vehicle is also much lower than any other traditional vehicles in the same price range, contrary to what they claimed when I first bought it. I remain optimistic about Tesla cars but should I consider getting a new one after 50000 miles? Is Tesla yet another one of those American cars which fall apart after 50000 miles?
    >

https://tenor.com/view/ace-ventura-bullshit-nonsense-hmm-thinking-gif-14613271