Model X

How to clear an outstanding invoice?

Hi, I searched and found a similar question, but not a resolution... hoping someone might point me in the right direction.

I recently had a repair that was covered under warranty. The tech did not realize it was under warranty, and billed me through my Tesla account.

I cannot find any way to reach an actual person to explain this was a warranty repair, not out of pocket. I also need to schedule another repair, but the app will not allow me to move past the invoice screen to scheduling.

I have tried calling the phone number on the invoice. It is an automated menu that never reaches a live person, and ultimately refers me to the website.

I did reach someone via the Chat function through the Tesla website. That person said he contacted my service advisor to clear the invoice so that I could schedule new service, and that the SA would contact me to clear up the warranty/billing issue. Two weeks later.... I have not heard from anyone, and the invoice is still there.

The actual service center is 90 miles away, and due to Covid, customers cannot simply walk in without an appointment (actually customers cannot walk in, even WITH an appointment). Regardless, I'm not driving 90 miles just to talk to a real person :P I've never been able to find a phone number for the Service Center, everything is always done through text, and those text conversations close out once service is complete.

I tried to respond to the "Tesla Service" emails that notified me of parts ordered for the original repair, but that is a "no-reply" email...

UGH! I love Tesla's use of technology... but it is extremely frustrating when you actually DO need to SPEAK with someone...

Suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Easiest is to just open a new service appointment and explain the issue in the phone app. It really is a service issue and I'm sure it will be taken care of. Be sure to include the invoice number.
  • Get to know your customers with a free online Client Satisfaction Survey. Easy to customize, share, and embed. Analyze results to improve your business.
    https://surveywale.com/wilkohaveyoursay/
  • Thanks Tesla tap, I know that sounds like the easiest option- and was my first go to- but the problem is I cannot open a new service appointment until someone at Tesla clears the last service appointment. It won’t let me get that far in the app.

I’m still having g difficulty reaching a real live person at Tesla. I even called sales at the dealership where I purchased my car, and asked if they could connect me with someone in service. I was connected to a generic mailbox, and left a message, but I don’t have high hopes for a return call.

This is really getting ridiculous. I can’t believe it is so difficult to reach an actual person at Tesla.

Still open to other suggestions! Thanks!
  • Ok, another idea - If the service is still open, can you text them back on the original service request? It should go right to the service advisor. If you deleted the texts, which is reasonable, that's not going to work.
  • Yeah, as I understand it, those texts are dynamically generated per service incident, so hopefully you can just reply to the thread, as per TeslaTap's suggestion
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > Easiest is to just open a new service appointment and explain the issue in the phone app. It really is a service issue and I'm sure it will be taken care of. Be sure to include the invoice number.

You cannot open a new service appointment if an old one is still open/incomplete. The "Service" tab in the app takes you to Open Appointments. Dead end.
    Attempting to call service or support results in 45 minute holds which occasionally just terminate with a disconnect.