Cybertruck

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Snowplow

Has anyone seen anything in regards to how Tesla is supporting a snowplow. One would assume since it is a Truck it can handle a snow plow?

Comments

• I heard it will use lasers.
  • I thought it was going to be the flame throwers...

In all honesty I don't think there is any official word as far as snow plow attatchments.
  • Yes, please support snow plow. Want to use cybertruck as part of a snow plowing service.
  • Relevant: Why a snow plow is really better than lasers or microwaves or flame throwers: https://what-if.xkcd.com/130/
  • I don't think it would be wise to use an electric truck in your snow plow service. On very cold days or even cold days my car looses significant mileage from the cold. I may be great with the torque to plow but you could not do long shifts which is a plower's bread and butter.
  • The reason a plow and for that matter a heavy tow won't work is because of the exoskeleton. Have a great thanksgiving everyone
  • Whether the exoskeleton is able to have a plow and/or hitch mounted or not remains to be seen. Stop guessing and be patient.

I doubt that the design team completely disregarded perhaps two of the most significant utility features of a pickup truck.

The truck most certainly will be capable of either activity.
  • @TJF2001, Cold doesn't really reduce range. It’s running the heat.

Per the lasers/microwave/... heat doesn’t do anything to remove snow, first off I takes a ton of energy to melt, second melted snow then turns to ice, which is much worse for driving/walking then snow.

1/2 ton trucks are not great plow trucks, the best plow rigs are tractors and heavy equipment followed by 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

The best plow trucks have: HD body on Frame, solid axles, and leaf springs. The CT has none of these attributes.
  • > @TJF2001 said:
    > I don't think it would be wise to use an electric truck in your snow plow service. On very cold days or even cold days my car looses significant mileage from the cold. I may be great with the torque to plow but you could not do long shifts which is a plower's bread and butter.

I am sure that Tesla will use a heat pump (introduced in Model Y) for the cybertruck cabin heating system and should be more efficient than the one in the model s, x and earlier model 3s.
  • A lot of people just plow their own area. A hydraulic take off for plowing and electric take off for wenching would be good.
  • So was thinking more on it. One could throw extra batteries in the back. This would also add weight. Self driving could be changed to “self plowing”. The truck sees the snow and plows it out while you sleep. Then recharges. Maybe it also does part of the neighborhood anddddd the poor old lady down the street you help. This changes things so the small neigerborhoods are plowed first instead of last. Since it is fsd. There is plenty of time to charge between plows of late night cheap electricity. Attaché ment points, and power takeoff needs to be well thought out. But a front end loader and pallet jack could be awesome!!!! A work truck that WORKS by itself. So attachment points will be critical. That way 3 rd parties can “gin” up the extra tools. Tesla has enough on its plate as is. Render unto Caesar and “third party businesses” what is theirs. Everyone can make things better and easier.
  • Speaking as with a 100 yard driveway high up a mountain in Vermont, I’d LOVE the ability to easily hook up a plow. Could do our driveway; the hill on unplowed road beyond our driveway, and the driveways of neighbors.
  • CyberTruck will be the best plow truck in its size class that has yet existed: all stainless steel, more than 500 miles range (top model), job-site power, little noise, no fumes, and a bed that can carry its own ATV. Drive to plow sites with two people: one to move the big snow with the CyberTruck, and one to clean walkways and other small areas with a small plow (or even a snow blower!) the ATV. It’ll be yet another game changer from Tesla. Other companies will engineer all the necessary hardware and attachment points, you can bank on it.
  • Being the front of the truck is flat and there are no headlights in the way, I'm wondering if they could have some sort of "drop-down" plow that could retract behind the front of the truck when not in use. If they are doing it for the bed cover, why not have it in the front, too? Not only could it be used for snow, but general earth-moving capability. Once it is dropped, perhaps it could be steered to fold in the middle, or all turn to the right or left.