Cybertruck

Snowplow

Has anyone seen anything in regards to how Tesla is supporting a snowplow. One would assume since it is a Truck it can handle a snow plow?

Comments

• I heard it will use lasers.
  • I thought it was going to be the flame throwers...

In all honesty I don't think there is any official word as far as snow plow attatchments.
  • Yes, please support snow plow. Want to use cybertruck as part of a snow plowing service.
  • Relevant: Why a snow plow is really better than lasers or microwaves or flame throwers: https://what-if.xkcd.com/130/
  • I don't think it would be wise to use an electric truck in your snow plow service. On very cold days or even cold days my car looses significant mileage from the cold. I may be great with the torque to plow but you could not do long shifts which is a plower's bread and butter.
  • The reason a plow and for that matter a heavy tow won't work is because of the exoskeleton. Have a great thanksgiving everyone
  • Whether the exoskeleton is able to have a plow and/or hitch mounted or not remains to be seen. Stop guessing and be patient.

I doubt that the design team completely disregarded perhaps two of the most significant utility features of a pickup truck.

The truck most certainly will be capable of either activity.
  • @TJF2001, Cold doesn't really reduce range. It’s running the heat.

Per the lasers/microwave/... heat doesn’t do anything to remove snow, first off I takes a ton of energy to melt, second melted snow then turns to ice, which is much worse for driving/walking then snow.

1/2 ton trucks are not great plow trucks, the best plow rigs are tractors and heavy equipment followed by 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

The best plow trucks have: HD body on Frame, solid axles, and leaf springs. The CT has none of these attributes.