General

Opinions on paint correction and ceramic coating.

I just took delivery of a brand new model Y. VIN 671xx. I have seen lots of videos about owners doing paint correction and adding ceramic coatings as well as a clear plastic bra to the front end. This is my first Tesla but in all the other European luxury automobiles I’ve owned, I’ve never done paint correction or ceramic coating. My convertible has a clear plastic bra and that has been helpful but it sits low to the ground. I would love feedback from experienced owners. Thanks!!!

Comments

• edited November 2020
    I would not do the ceramic coating. It is expensive. It is no better than a good wax. It will wear off if you wash car frequently. It wears off unevenly and has to be taken off with expensive buffing and sanding.

Learned all this from local body shop that does Tesla repairs when I had it for repairs this week.

Spend money on full nose and rocker cover PPF and a good wax.
  • Awesome!! Thanks for your help!!! I’m assuming the front bra won’t impact FSD or autopilot.
  • I dont recommend that you take any advice from long time troll FISHEV
  • > @jamesmoline_98626172 said: > Awesome!! Thanks for your help!!! I’m assuming the front bra won’t impact FSD or autopilot."

Correct. Good shops do cuts out around the sensors and the radar doesn't care about the PPF.