Solar Roof

Skylight options for solar roof

Is Tesla still replacing skylights for other people? And does anyone know what exact brand/model they use?

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get this added to my project. Today my project advisor sent me this:

"Tesla recommends that we let customers know they should do their own skylights. We recommend buying Velux skylights."

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• I have 5 skylights. We noticed my one original skylight (60 years old) had cracks. I had already replaced all the others over the years. Tesla offered to seal the cracks or if I bought one they would replace it. I wanted a new one, but it's a custom size. I had them seal it and I ordered a new one. It took me 3 weeks to get the replacement, by which time the roof was done and they were gone. I replaced it myself, not a hard project, but the roof can be slippery. Only use shoes for wet/slippery surfaces.

During part of the project, they had all my skylights on the ground. It was a great time for me to clean them. They also painted the skylight's trim black to match the new roof.

I also had a 14" tube skylight. During the roof work, the plastic top was damaged. They were up-front about it and replaced it with a new one.

So before the roof work is done, you might access the condition of any skylights and if bad, have new ones ready to go when they start the roof work. If you have a trim color choice, go for black.