Model X

Is the extra $50k worth it?

Still waiting for my 7 seater version of the Model Y but lately my wife came to her sense and decided to give a serious look to the Model X. She previously thought it was too large and had trouble getting it out of the parking during the test drive.

We ran the numbers on the configurator to compare the buying price of the 7 seater model X and Model Y and it was $135k vs $85k CAD. In my opinion, the Model Y is more technologically advanced and has better engineering and driving efficiency for $50k less but I wanted to see the point of view of Model X owners and have your take on this.

Thank you for helping me for our next purchase!

Comments

• Model X is luxury class, bigger, roomier, better performance, longer range, better look, and loaded (4WD, Towing, etc..). Not to mention beautiful falcon wing door. Model Y is nice, mid size range SUV but comfortable for family that need 6/7 seater. Extra $40 worth it IMO.
  • Maxxer is not interested in any info. He just likes to ask dumb question to pretend that he is legit.
  • > @M3Tesla said:
    > Model X is luxury class, bigger, roomier, better performance, longer range, better look, and loaded (4WD, Towing, etc..). Not to mention beautiful falcon wing door. Model Y is nice, mid size range SUV but comfortable for family that need 6/7 seater. Extra $40 worth it IMO.

Better look is subjective as many prefer the look of the Y.
    Even at price parity, I would probably sill be hesitating because of the Falcon Wing doors as Musk previously said about the Model X being the Fabergé Egg and those doors were so complicated to engineer that they should probably never have been designed because of the 2 years delays it caused.
    I think I would pull the trigger if 10k-20k more for the roomier interior and extra towing capacity. However for 50k less, I find the Model Y extremely well balanced overall.
  • And here we go he just proved that he didn't need any answers for his question. Teslionaire aka Maxxer is long time troll and anti Jew hater.
  • > @M3Tesla said:
    > Model X is luxury class, bigger, roomier, better performance, longer range, better look, and loaded (4WD, Towing, etc..). Not to mention beautiful falcon wing door. Model Y is nice, mid size range SUV but comfortable for family that need 6/7 seater. Extra $40 worth it IMO.

Better look is subjective as many prefer the look of the Y.
    Even at price parity, I would probably sill be hesitating because of the Falcon Wing doors as Musk previously said about the Model X being the Fabergé Egg and those doors were so complicated to engineer that they should probably never have been designed because of the 2 years delays it caused.
    I think I would pull the trigger if 10k-20k more for the roomier interior and extra towing capacity. However for 50k less, I find the Model Y extremely well balanced overall.
  • And here we go he just proved that he didn't need any answers for his question. Teslionaire aka Maxxer is long time troll and anti Jew hater.
  • > @M3Tesla said:

Thanks for your valid point, unlike other useless poster on this thread
  • Spammer flagged
  • Spammer flagged
  • Totally worth it if you can afford it.