Model Y

Regen Breaking

Just picked up my Model Y and want to reduce the effect of regen breaking.
there is no option under ''driving'' section.

What i can i do to reduce it?
Thanks
Ugur

Comments

• Select CREEP or HOLD as stopping mode (only changeable in Park). Tesla removed Regen options on 2021 models
  • I think its creap, coast, or roll. That affects what happens as you come to a stop but not regen as you lift the pedal and are moving at speed. You will get used to it and learn to like it and then ICEV automatic transmission creep will seem annoying. If you moved from Prius (or most other hybrid) you would be used to light regen and no creep. It you previously drove another EV you would likely start with light regen but can increase it (typically "B" mode instead of "D" which Prius also has).
  • "You will get used to it" is not a good answer, the choice should be up to us what modes we want.
  • Picked up 2021 Tesla Model3 few weeks back. I used to have 2018 Model3. Looking for the option to reduce the effect of regen and wanted to set the setting to low. I could not find the option, reached out to the dealership and found out that this option is not available any more. By default it is set to standard mode. We can't change to low like earlier. This is very disappointing and not sure why this option is removed. I feel dizzy when driving with regen standard option. Asking them to change the setting to low, I don't need the standard option. Not sure if they can do, but I am trying. If they cant adjust, I am not sure what to do with the car.
  • Use your right foot to continuously modulate the Regen setting.

It's not quite the same as "get used to it". It's using feedback to directly control the regen to your liking.
  • I agree that the regen 'level' should be a choice, especially in Wisconsin winters with snowy roads. I was travelling in a winter storm, and the freeway speed was about 30 to 40 mph, and I could have sworn if I let off the 'gas', sometimes it felt like I broke traction. In that situation, I would have loved to turn regen to 'low' or 'off'.
  • > @TeslaDanWI said:
    > I agree that the regen 'level' should be a choice, especially in Wisconsin winters with snowy roads. I was travelling in a winter storm, and the freeway speed was about 30 to 40 mph, and I could have sworn if I let off the 'gas', sometimes it felt like I broke traction. In that situation, I would have loved to turn regen to 'low' or 'off'.

careful, the forum trolls will pounce on you, blame your driving skills, tell you how much better at this situation than you, and you need to relearn.
    --BTW - you are 100% correct and we should have low of off as an option--