Model 3

New Map download: 2020.48

I had a pending download yesterday when we got into the car for 2020.48. At first, I was confused as I hadn't seen this anywhere, but when I searched, it looked like it's just an update to the maps. Still helpful and greatly appreciated, but no new features. If your wifi is consistent (we just changed providers, so we've had to reset a few things), you may not notice this -- and if you need to get a connection, I'd suggest not hotspoting it unless you have unlimited data as it's a fairly large (~6Gb) file.

Comments

• Cool! A major intersection near my house was completely moved to avoid train tracks earlier this year. I hope the new map update includes this change so that navigation using FSD (beta) will work once I get it.
  • My 3 received 2020.48 Thursday evening and yes, it's a sizable download. This past Saturday, I was in Fredericksburg, Texas, and the new map download had me heading down a street that's been closed for 7 months.

So we'll assume Fredericksburg, Texas isn't a priority update spot - but was interesting that I was nearly led asunder days after receiving the update.
  • 20-60 kb/s using hotspot will take me days to download it.
  • @LostInTx - Hmm. I haven't driven with it yet, but we have a bunch of completed and in-progress construction around here, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I'm also curious if it's decided how to list reversible toll/HOV lanes yet.

@"yudansha™" - Yeah, I'd probably see about finding somewhere with a better connection for that one. I've done the hotspot thing for regular software updates if we're travelling, but I wouldn't want to do a map update that way.
  • This map update must have fixed my issue of not being able to use AP on a 65mph rural road. It worked flawlessly where it has never worked before. 😁🎉
  • > @walnotr said:
    > This map update must have fixed my issue of not being able to use AP on a 65mph rural road. It worked flawlessly where it has never worked before. 😁🎉

Oh that would be nice, there are a couple state highways here in Yavapai County AZ that are 65MPH and AP doesn’t see it.
  • It’s hard to tell if it was the map update or 2020.44.10 or both that did the trick. Although I wasn’t staring at the display while passing every speed limit sign, it did appear the car was seeing them this time down this particular road. All in all I have noticed a big improvement in the correct limits being displayed lately.
  • Just downloaded over Starlink on 5Ghz wifi. 30 minute download. 50 Mbs ave download speed. YMMV.
  • Both of our Model 3s silently received the NA-2020.48-12628 navigation update.
  • Didn't even realize I got the map update - crazy 6GB!
  • > @PrescottRichard said:
    > > @walnotr said:
    > > This map update must have fixed my issue of not being able to use AP on a 65mph rural road. It worked flawlessly where it has never worked before. 😁🎉
    >
    > Oh that would be nice, there are a couple state highways here in Yavapai County AZ that are 65MPH and AP doesn’t see it.

Yep, Highway 60 between I-10 and Wickenburg is totally FUBAR - nav thought limit is 45mph as we drove past numerous 65mph signs. :-(