Model 3

GM's electric car outselling Tesla Model 3 in China

General Motors' tiny new electric car is putting up big numbers in China.

The Wuling Hong Guang Mini EV, a product of a joint venture with its local market partner SAIC, was the country’s most popular EV during the last quarter, ringing up 55,781 sales compared to the second place Tesla Model 3’s.

Comments

• You forgot some important details from that article. I'll correct for you here:

The Wuling Hong Guang Mini EV, a product of a joint venture with its local market partner SAIC, was the country’s most popular EV during the last quarter, ringing up 55,781 sales compared to the second place Tesla Model 3’s 35,283.

But Tesla came out on top at the till.

That’s because the Hong Guang Mini EV, which is less than 10 feet long, can cover 106 miles per charge and has a top speed of 62 mph, costs around $4,400, while the Tesla Model 3 compact premium sedan had starting prices ranging from $37,000 to $41,000 during the quarter..
  • I forgot the link too:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gms-electric-car-outselling-tesla-142536597.html

Too fast in the copy paste. Thanks
  • Howard is outfishing Fish. To call that a car requires a suspension of disbelief. Lol. King of the trolls is up for grabs.
  • Please flag Howard the new king of trolls.
  • Just imagine the quality, the attention to detail. Seriously, you'll have to imagine it, because it simply doesn't exist.
  • Might be dating myself but reminds me of Gung Ho.
  • Maybe Yugo will make an EV!
  • > @Joshan said:
    > why would anyone on a USA forum care about a go cart sold in china anyways?
    >
    > I will say it again howard, you are a sad pathetic person and desperately need some professional help. There is literally not even a single poster on this forum who values your opinion on anything.

Well, maybe only one Rotten 🤡🐡🦅🌰
  • A Leaf is like a Rolls compared to that miniature bucket of bolts.
  • I'll remember this important bit of information when I move to China. Not!
  • "Hong Guang Mini EV, which is less than 10 feet long, can cover 106 miles per charge and has a top speed of 62 mph"

Ooooh. Sounds like a strong competitor for the Model 3. /s
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > "Hong Guang Mini EV, which is less than 10 feet long, can cover 106 miles per charge and has a top speed of 62 mph"
    >
    > Ooooh. Sounds like a strong competitor for the Model 3. /s

106 miles with the long range version. 75 for the version they’re touting for $4k.
  • Electric scooters can do 50 miles of range our days lol and they cost 500 bucks
  • I mean howard has probably lost a lot of money shorting Tesla so he has to vent off somewhere.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Howard is outfishing Fish. To call that a car requires a suspension of disbelief. Lol. King of the trolls is up for grabs.

Just trying to keep up with Bighorn. Headline-grabbing stupid threads are fun. Especially the nonsense they generate. Wait, at least this had a legit reference to Model 3. LOL
  • And scooters can carry up to seven, far more than this sardine can can.
  • At least you admit that it is a stupid thread.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > At least you admit that it is a stupid thread.

+1 You did not think so. Really?
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > And scooters can carry up to seven, far more than this sardine can can.

+1 The time I spent in Jakarta I could not believe what people could stack/haul on a scooter. Whole families front and back, store goods extended of the back stacked 8' high. Some also pulling little trailers with 2 cycle blue smoke pouring out.
  • The only actual comparison to a Model 3 is that it has a battery and 4 wheels.
    Only sold in China and in no way compares to a Tesla. What a garbage post.
    Don't you have anything else to do? Sheesh.
  • > @sheldon_mike said:
    > Don't you have anything else to do? Sheesh.

Apparently, neither do you. Sheesh