Model S

Ran my tesla to 0 miles today and still able to drive another 11 miles home.

So I haven't charged my tesla in 3 days . Just been taking short drives to and back forth to work and honestly just forgetting to plug it up this morning I still had 86 miles and I started to plug it up and take my wife car. But I said I got enough to make it to work and I need to go to neighboring city that has super charger ill save my light bill and charge there. Well got to work then later that day to neighboring city and man oh man 40 miles left super chargers was being maintenance.. only 4 of them up out of 8 and a wait line so long. Odd part when I finally able to plug up they are charging slow I mean super slow apparently that what was being maintenance accord to the two guy there who I spoke too who seem like they didn't have a clue but they atleast showed me what inside the super charger stations. Very cool stuff. Nothing like to see a oversized breaker. Well I finally left after gaining 30 miles in over a hour charge sad. Made it back work where I spent most my day until i had to run errands well eventually It came time to pick my child up from day care and my 27 miles trip back home the car told me to keep it below 55 mph to make it home. Well that dangerous being its a 70mph highway and trust people be flying so I stopped at a local nissan dealership and charged on they j-1772 charger for the 1st time and you thats something super slow gained 6-7 miles in 23 min of waiting would of gained 18 miles in a hour. At 30 amps . This put me at 30 miles but by the time I hit day care and got on highway I was at 27 miles left. All I can say the mileage range was rolling off fast on the highway and the energy used sign and yellow all the way over to 150 kwh and a exclamation point sign for whatever. I'm telling u days like today is one of those things make u say why have a tesla if u can charge it when needed. Got to find faster options might purchase a second charger to keep in back to plug up at a local 14-15 outlet near by

Comments

• Can't blame the car for forgetting to charge and poor planning !
  • Nogasnohandsnomiles?
  • We had Nissan Leaf for 4 years with shitty range and never had a problem with going to zero. If you managed to fuck up that bad with Tesla maybe you should reconsider your charging practices and route planning.
  • Thank goodness for that reserve tank...
  • Not all cars have reserves, so this stupidity is doubly dangerous if someone now thinks they have miles past zero.
  • Bighorn u like to talk alot of internet shit.. ok my spelling off best believe I can spell just probably damn autocorrect. Second I ain't writing a novel so I will throw in a couple periods but I ain't trying to write no dang love letter neither. So thanks for pointing it out but u get the understanding.
  • Like totally.
  • And yes let me fuckup be a lesson learned to others don't think u can just supercharge later on might not be able too
  • Wasnt just spelling, just read it out loud and ask yourself if its even complete coherent sentences.

But enough of the grammar portion, dont forget to plug in. Dont be blaming Tesla.
  • > @Nogasnohands said:
    > And yes let me fuckup be a lesson learned to others don't think u can just supercharge later on might not be able too

My bad english got cringe 😬
  • It makes more sense when you simulate a heavily British accent over it while reading.
  • That, or Irish.
  • Once again I typed let my fuck up but my phone changed it to me. And I'm not blaming tesla just if u ever run into that scenario of running your car low to be able to go beyond. Because trust its a stomach tightening things of thinking the car will die alittle after hitting zero
  • Next time it might die before you reach zero. Just make sure you don't try that again.
  • > @Nogasnohands said:
    > And yes let me fuckup be a lesson learned to others don't think u can just supercharge later on might not be able too

Peace...lesson to be learned here, is a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla.

No damage done, and you did not have to get towed.

Saving money by using the SuC is really not worth it for most, unless you cannot charge at home, or drive 30k miles a year.
  • Hey P_D, nice to hear from ya so we know you are okay.
  • @andy_connor_e - I had this mental image of the OP as a pirate sailing his blimey T down the highway.
  • tx akikiki. Just busy and distracted. Zoom teaching, bicycling long distances, not driving the car so much, less time for forums that aren't adding the value the did when the incremental data points meant more. Tesla has matured.
  • > @CatTrax said:
    > @andy_connor_e - I had this mental image of the OP as a pirate sailing his blimey T down the highway.

nice, pirate accent works pretty good too
  • Have a feeling the 0 and 100% are not actual values... it is like showing 55 when you are doing 50 so you don't go fast lol
  • @andy_connor_e

Aye, mate . . . it's true!!
  • Carefully put it back in the box and return it to the shop
  • > @Aerodyne said:
    > > @Nogasnohands said:
    > > And yes let me fuckup be a lesson learned to others don't think u can just supercharge later on might not be able too
    >
    > Peace...lesson to be learned here, is a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla.
    >
    > No damage done, and you did not have to get towed.
    >
    > Saving money by using the SuC is really not worth it for most, unless you cannot charge at home, or drive 30k miles a year.

Well I drive alot and can use the 225 miles i charge to by mid day sometimes. I might supercharge during the day . Not as a daily charge