Model 3

2020.44.15 Rolling Out

Looks like some nice enhancements. Nothing too exciting though.

https://www.notateslaapp.com/software-updates/version/2020.44.15/release-notes?src=teslafi

Comments

• Looks to be the same as 44.10.1
  • I thought media sources was new but apparently not
  • No but it is a nice option.
  • The release notes are nothing new compared to 44.10.1. Probably just bug fixes.
    Can anybody with 44.15 eventually test whether the bug of missing embedded album art on music files residing on USB has been fixed ?
    Thx.
  • edited November 2020
    > @T_Scheen said: > The release notes are nothing new compared to 44.10.1. Probably just bug fixes."

To fix the bugs of the last bug fix. Many reported issues with regen in regular driving and in Summon for FSD.

Tesla doesn't really say what it is doing so things happen that are real or imagined for owners to discover.

Sentry mode quit being useful several updates ago. Maybe that will get fixed.

It is like updates to IOS, no need for breathless announcements.
  • Posting for Tronguy.

Public Service Announcement: FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.…
  • @larry_98733015: Thank you, sir! :smile:
    Guess I can't be everywhere at once.
  • > @T_Scheen said:
    > Can anybody with 44.15 eventually test whether the bug of missing embedded album art on music files residing on USB has been fixed ?
    > Thx.

Just got the update. Unfortunately, still no USB album art and still not showing up in the Recents list :(. I sent fresh bug reports. Maybe next time!
  • Hopefully it fixes the audio bug I just experienced.
    On 44.10.1 and just got in the car and no sound. Not on usb device, Spotify via phone. Not even the blinkers were “clicking”.

Couldn’t submit “bug report” via voice recognition as it couldn’t “hear” any sounds when I spoke!

The dangers of having a car with software updates adding “features” I guess.
  • > @bartsubs_98509694 said:
    > Hopefully it fixes the audio bug I just experienced.
    > On 44.10.1 and just got in the car and no sound. Not on usb device, Spotify via phone. Not even the blinkers were “clicking”.

Ditto, but on 2020.44.15 for me. The lack of blinker noise was eerie. Did a reboot and the blinker noise is back on but the Tunein custom stations I created went into the ether. Will work on recreating them tomorrow.
  • > @bartsubs_98509694 said:
    > Hopefully it fixes the audio bug I just experienced.
    > On 44.10.1 and just got in the car and no sound. Not on usb device, Spotify via phone. Not even the blinkers were “clicking”.
    >
    > Couldn’t submit “bug report” via voice recognition as it couldn’t “hear” any sounds when I spoke!
    >
    > The dangers of having a car with software updates adding “features” I guess.

Whenever you notice something like this, always do a fresh reboot.
  • USB audio is not an audio source option. Since this is what I listen to, and have a TB of mp3s, I would like to get it back.
  • > @Thudhead_98152033 said:
    > USB audio is not an audio source option. Since this is what I listen to, and have a TB of mp3s, I would like to get it back.

Check the settings. Tesla recently added the ability to enable and disable audio sources in the menus. Maybe the USB option is disabled.
  • The car won't display USB as a source unless it detects a USB drive other than the TeslaCam drive.
  • This version for me has started hugging outside of curves a bit much on AP/NoAP
  • When in doubt, log out.

If USB audio is not available, unplug your USB and plug it back in again. When reindexing, USB audio returned for me.

> @Thudhead_98152033 said:
    > USB audio is not an audio source option. Since this is what I listen to, and have a TB of mp3s, I would like to get it back.

> @Thudhead_98152033 said:
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Looks to be the same as 44.10.1

I'm up to 44.25 and no album art from USB tracks.