Model S

open en close windows with app

when my windows are not closed i will get a message from the app, however it is impossible to close them with the app. Or do i miss something?

Comments

• It is not possible to close at this time.

Say someone was reaching in to steal stuff, then you close the windows. The thief gets injured, and sue's...

Tesla has your back on this one.
  • I don’t use this feature, so someone else will need to confirm, but I’ve heard that if you use the vent windows control on the app to open your windows partially, you can then close them from the app.

When I’ve received the window open notification, the window wasn’t really open. Others have reported the same thing.
  • I have a sunroof, and happy on V2020.20.1....

No way will I trade that for a feature that may not work that well..
  • @Aerodyne - Seriously? Some cars will close their sunroofs and windows automatically when rain is sensed. My wife bitches whenever the X tries to shut the front door on her shin unexpectedly. No one's getting sued.
  • I never drive in the rain. Seriously happy with the sunroof.

Updates have been a mixed bag for me.

8 weeks since order and no daughter board, not going to risk an update on my ailing MCU1.
  • > @Pungoteague_Dave said:
    > @Aerodyne - Seriously? Some cars will close their sunroofs and windows automatically when rain is sensed. My wife bitches whenever the X tries to shut the front door on her shin unexpectedly. No one's getting sued.

I see you were referring to a prior post. I was being sarcastic. It is uncertain why Tesla does what they do. Having the owners back is probably not the first thing they thing about, at least when it comes to updates..