Model Y

Ordered 9/20 in California Long Range Y - STILL WAITING

When I placed my order, it said it would arrive in 4-8 weeks, it's now been 9 weeks. I have no VIN and can't get any answers. My leased car has been returned and now I am driving a rental car. I don't know how long to rent a car because Telsa will not give me any updates. No-one know when I will ever get a car, it's super frustrating and disappointing! Has this happened to anyone else? What is the longest delivery time?

Comments

• Where are you picking the car up from?
  • I ordered my MY on 10/3 (silver LR w/tow hitch). This Saturday will be 7 weeks (of a 3-7 week wait). I’m in the Bay Area. I’ve seen a lot of new white Y’s on the road, and someone on one of the forums said they saw a lot of blue models lined up outside the Freemont factory recently, so I assumed that it was the color gray that needs to rotate in. What color are you waiting for and where are you located?
  • In sonoma and in the same boat as you- 8 weeks +. No help from dealer, this seems to be common.
  • I am picking up in San Diego.

I ordered white with black wheels.
  • Based on history, Orders for cars in California placed near the end of a quarter will take about 8-12 weeks. While not a 100% rule, in general, cars for California delivery are manufactured in the last month of the quarter. So you may not see your car until late November or more likely December. The options and colors usually don't matter much as far as delivery.

I'm sorry to hear you sold your old car. It's best to wait until delivery before selling your car, but I understand you may need the cash to buy the Tesla.
  • I didn't sell my car, I had a lease that had to be returned.
  • We purchased on 9/30 and finally got a hold of someone at Tesla who said because 1.) it was at the end of the quarter and 2.) we are in the SF Bay Area, we can expect it in mid to late Dec. California orders are almost always assigned a VIN at the end of a fiscal quarter.
  • “No help from dealer”

There is no dealer, only Tesla
  • If you need a referral code you can have them add it on https://ts.la/david25498 Enjoy!
  • i agree with you, this is crazy , It is just a matter of time before another company with better service starts to eat into their customer base. I ordered mine on 10/19, not a word or update from anyone. If i did'nt like the car so much , i would wait for the Mech-e
    > @lbowroom said:
    > “No help from dealer”
    >
    > There is no dealer, only Tesla

> @lbowroom said:
    > “No help from dealer”
    >
    > There is no dealer, only Tesla
  • > @subsail said:
    > i agree with you, this is crazy , It is just a matter of time before another company with better service starts to eat into their customer base. I ordered mine on 10/19, not a word or update from anyone. If i did'nt like the car so much , i would wait for the Mech-e
  • @subsail - Yep, shorters have been saying that for 8 years now. Then again, Tesla still has the highest owner satisfaction of any car maker. There will always be a few that need the instant gratification of getting scammed by a dealer and driving it off the lot.

Perhaps Tesla should tell everyone it's 6 months to get a car, and when they deliver it in 8 weeks or so, they would be elated. Then again, I waited from order to delivery just under 4 years on my first Tesla (ordered March 2009) and it has been the best car I've ever owned.
  • OK. So I finally got some communication, after 8 weeks, from Tesla that I have a VIN # .........M..72... ready for me in 4 - 6 weeks. Maybe someone can tell me why, if I have a # starting 72... and others are already getting numbers starting 77..., am I waiting 4-6 weeks. I am in the Bay Area near the Fremont factory.
  • ordered my vehicle at the showroom on Oct 8th and took delivery on Nov 3rd. I live in Southern California. I took delivery at the Burbank service facility. not quite 4 weeks. sooner than i expected
  • Last night I got a text from Tesla saying, “We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today.” That’s on top of the 7 weeks I’ve already waited (of my 4 to 7 week expected delivery). Still no VIN, though.
  • > @bro2 said:
    > OK. So I finally got some communication, after 8 weeks, from Tesla that I have a VIN # .........M..72... ready for me in 4 - 6 weeks. Maybe someone can tell me why, if I have a # starting 72... and others are already getting numbers starting 77..., am I waiting 4-6 weeks. I am in the Bay Area near the Fremont factory.

then first thing this morning a text to schedule delivery and am picking up sunday. Happened all at once.
  • I ordered my white with black rims LR oct 5 and just got that text yesterday that it should be ready in 5 weeks... I was told 3 to 7 weeks when I ordered. Definitely losing my patience
  • Ya all should be thankful that during pandemic you are still able to order and receive cars.
  • @bro2, what color and options did you order? I’m in the Bay Area 7 weeks out today, and I’m trying to see if there is any correlation between delivery time and color. Seems like white and blue were getting them faster for a bit.

> @bro2 said:
    > > @bro2 said:
    > > OK. So I finally got some communication, after 8 weeks, from Tesla that I have a VIN # .........M..72... ready for me in 4 - 6 weeks. Maybe someone can tell me why, if I have a # starting 72... and others are already getting numbers starting 77..., am I waiting 4-6 weeks. I am in the Bay Area near the Fremont factory.
    >
    > then first thing this morning a text to schedule delivery and am picking up sunday. Happened all at once.
  • I ordered mine in the beginning of Oct, still waiting. Live in Cali. Hey, does anyone remember that time when oil companies crippled our lifestyle, raised their prices for no reason and caused us to go to war? But this Elon guy... Lol

For real, I'm just elated that I'm getting a functional electric car in my lifetime. I never thought it was gonna happen.
  • > @Rafmagns said:
    > @bro2, what color and options did you order? I’m in the Bay Area 7 weeks out today, and I’m trying to see if there is any correlation between delivery time and color. Seems like white and blue were getting them faster for a bit.

blue, awd LR, standard everything else. Looks like blue might be now.