General

Moisture or glare on right pillar camera

I just contacted service regarding messages stating the right camera was blocked due to moisture or glare. They replied that it is normal under certain conditions to get some condensation on the inside of the glass since it is not sealed. I had thought it was a sealed unit. Anyway they said to drive it and it would disappear which it did.

Anyway, anyone else have this experience?

Comments

• Was hoping for some thoughts regarding being told it’s normal
  • Hello 2many, I have the same problem haven’t got to service yet but have mobile service coming over for a couple of other issues, will ask him to see what h says. Notice comes on a couple of times then disappears
  • Yup. Several forum members have had this occurrence myself included. It went away after driving about 30 minutes. Happened only once after washing my car the day before. 2016 Model S.
  • I only got the warning on and off first thing in the morning. Part of it could have been glare since I was driving north with the sun directly on the right side of the car.

Thanks for the thoughts
  • I've had the issue twice. Once after a very heavy rain there was condensation blocking the B pillar camera. It "dried up" by itself after being in the sun for a few hours. The second time while I was driving and bright sun appeared to blind the camera. I asked service about the condensation and they said that they do see the issue but it usually clears itself up. that was my experience too. Haven't had it again.
  • > @2manycars said: They replied that it is normal under certain conditions to get some condensation on the inside of the glass since it is not sealed. I had thought it was a sealed unit. Anyway they said to drive it and it would disappear which it did. “

They were wrong it is sealed and moisture inside has to be fixed. Just some new person who didn’t know.

Be sure the condensation is inside, take a pic and schedule a service to have it fixed.

The cameras are often occluded by moisture outside also. I get the warning pretty much every morning in cooler, wetter weather.