Model 3

100-mph crash ends badly

While another driver who crashed in a Tesla at 100 mph have escaped with no injuries, those in ICE cars that go 100 mph are not so lucky. Typical of ICE cars, these were just a few with an Audi A6 that another FUDster likes to promote that have caused major injuries and death:
https://greensboro.com/killed-when-car-hits-building/article_31e098ce-cdeb-5ce4-b6bc-f7cf21794be6.html
https://nypost.com/2019/01/02/car-was-going-100-mph-before-sparking-deadly-tribeca-crash/
https://patch.com/minnesota/roseville/audi-a6-drives-embankment-speeds-100-mph-hitting-another-vehicle-head-roseville

Comments

• Are saying Tesla shouldn't sell to former Audi drivers?
    My attempt joking
    🏎️

But it does surprise me who can hold a drivers license.
  • Nothing like having a huge metal block soaked in flammable gas hit you at 100mph! You ain't walking away from that. Just another reason I would never go back to an ICE. Tesla all the way.
  • You’d have to be nuts to drive an ICE if you valued your life and limb.
  • edited November 20
    I find it strange (not!) that there is a flag on my post suggesting the Tesla is safer than an ICE (which everyone knows it is!). Also, does the flagger really think on a Tesla fan site that we would promotoe ICE over EV?? I am guessing one of the twin troll clowns is unhappy that I call them out all the time over their bogus posts! oh boohoo boys!
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > I find it strange (not!) that there is a flag on my post suggesting the Tesla is safer than an ICE

I don't see one.
  • > @Mike83 said:
    > Are saying Tesla shouldn't sell to former Audi drivers?
    > My attempt joking
    > 🏎️
    >
    > But it does surprise me who can hold a drivers license.
    Maybe Tesla shouldn't sell for former Audi drivers who crashed them at 100 mph.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @NorthValley said:
    > > I find it strange (not!) that there is a flag on my post suggesting the Tesla is safer than an ICE
    >
    > I don't see one.

I see 2 now! Both troll clowns at it!
  • edited November 20
    > @NorthValley said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > > @NorthValley said:
    > > > I find it strange (not!) that there is a flag on my post suggesting the Tesla is safer than an ICE
    > >
    > > I don't see one.
    >
    > I see 2 now! Both troll clowns at it!

Likely!

There is much about this forum software to figure out. Example, in normal view, I don't see the flags on your post, but I see a flag on the OP, and it reads abuse.

But then, if I put it into the mode where I have the edit gear (which I do by posting and then refreshing a random number of times), I DO see the flags on your post, but it just shows as a count (not the word "abuse"). Also in that view, flag/quote/like is left justified, whereas in normal view, it's right justified, and it's in quote/like/flag order.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://i.imgur.com/ZozPMFT.png
  • I see two likes and no flags.
  • Yep, I'm sure the FUDsters FISHEV and howard flagged it. They only want to smear Tesla and hide the benefits of owning a Tesla over those other ICE death traps they constantly promote.
  • > @mrburke said:
    > > @Mike83 said:
    > > Are saying Tesla shouldn't sell to former Audi drivers?
    > > My attempt joking
    > > 🏎️
    > >
    > > But it does surprise me who can hold a drivers license.
    > Maybe Tesla shouldn't sell for former Audi drivers who crashed them at 100 mph.
    >
    >
    They wouldn't be able to sell to dead people.
  • Still, Tesla can sell to family members who were not in the ICE car. Hopefully a wake-up call.
  • TeslaTap.com, Thank you for the post and links.

What an amazing testament to the Audi A6. Of the three Audi A6, 100 MPH crashes there is no mention of them bursting into flames, catching fire, or sending shrapnel throughout the impact area. The one A6 was literally split in half on impact.

Here is what Capt. Mike Kirk said of the scene:

"The vehicle absorbed all the energy from the wreck," Kirk said. This is probably the most violent accident I've ever seen because of the speed and hitting an object that didn't move an inch."

Nothing like the Tesla Model 3 that exploded like a fragment Granade sending shrapnel flying throughout the neighborhood.

The Audi A6 not only protected the driver and his dog but protects the lives and property surrounding the crash, unlike the Model 3 which had there been a lot of pedestrians around the crash could have caused additional serious injury to innocent bystanders.

Wow, I think I will start driving my A6, even more, to not only protect myself but others as well.

Thank you for the reinforcement of why I purchased the Audi A6.
  • @howard - Sorry you feel you need to drive that A6 suicide machine. Seems everyone who crashed their A6 at 100 mph was seriously hurt or killed. And those A6 crashes spewed parts all over as well. I don't think you can have a 100 mph crash and not have parts flying.

Then again, I don't drive anywhere near 100 mph. I have no problem if during a crash the vehicle totally comes apart so long as I and my passengers are not hurt.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:

> I have no problem if during a crash the vehicle totally comes apart so long as I and my passengers are not hurt.

Yes, I can imagine you could care less about all those batteries being hurled from the car injuring other innocent people. Best of wishes to you, your family, and the general public. Do drive safely.
  • Warning, Howard the crazy Tesla hater is present and sanity left the room.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > @howard - Sorry you feel you need to drive that A6 suicide machine. Seems everyone who crashed their A6 at 100 mph was seriously hurt or killed.

Seems you don't read well. The man and his dog walked away. The three drunks killed were not wearing seatbelts and were ejected from the car when it split in half. The other with the head on was taken to a hospital. The Tesla 100MPH crash sending batteries flying was not head-on but a side impact behind the driver. Totally different crash dynamics with respect to the drivers.

Why not stop continuing to make false statements.
  • I think we can all agree that Tesla makes the safest cars on the planet. The rest is hand waving and sad justification.
  • > @TranzNDance said:
    > > @mrburke said:
    > > > @Mike83 said:
    > > > Are saying Tesla shouldn't sell to former Audi drivers?
    > > > My attempt joking
    > > > 🏎️
    > > >
    > > > But it does surprise me who can hold a drivers license.
    > > Maybe Tesla shouldn't sell for former Audi drivers who crashed them at 100 mph.
    > >
    > >
    > They wouldn't be able to sell to dead people.
    >
    "They wouldn't be able to sell to dead people"

That was all I was saying.
  • Side note crappy German cars ain't got shit on Tesla welcome to the future cars. Fact!
  • Sorry, I'm not buying the "batteries crashing through windows and setting a bed on fire" slant of the story.

The car would have had to have been traveling directly towards the house when the battery enclosure was ruptured.

The pictures show the car on the side of the road close to the pole that was knocked down. Seems it was traveling parallel to the road when it crashed, not perpendicular.

Something smells fishy with the story and it's not the flying battery fireballs.
  • This was a very comforting story. The idea that you could drive a car into a telephone pole with such force that a wheel broke a pipe on the second floor of a house and still walk away, or in the case of the pinhead who was driving this car run away, is absolutely amazing. Hope they take his license away.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Sorry, I'm not buying the "batteries crashing through windows and setting a bed on fire" slant of the story. Something smells fishy with the story and it's not the flying battery fireballs.

Why continue to make false statements regardless of how ridiculous they make you appear? Is it so hard to admit to the truth? Why not just shut up instead of making yourself out to be a fool.

To you the police have a habit of telling lies and filing false reports just because it was a Tesla.

"The Model 3 was obliterated, and its battery pack was destroyed, flinging burning-hot battery cells around the neighborhood."

"Battery cells broke through two windows of two homes -- one landed on a person's lap, while the other landed on a bed and caught the sheets on fire, the police said."

100-mph Tesla Model 3 crash sent hundreds of scorching battery cells flying, started a fire in a house, and took 3 hours to clean up

https://www.yahoo.com/news/100-mph-tesla-model-3-183800471.html
  • The author didn’t even get the car model correct. Not holding much hope for accuracy regarding where the cells landed.
    There ought to be a law about driving a car toward a home going 100 mph. Franz shouldn’t have to design for that.
  • So no one was hurt by the batteries.

I can make up hypotheticals too. An A6 crash could have sent flaming gasoline on pedestrians nearby. Clearly, the scary nightmare machine A6 should be banned.