Model Y

New features on MY!

I just saw Bearded Tesla Guy's video that reports that side dimming mirrors and the sentry USB in the glove box (towel storage compartment) are now on MYs! I think the VIN was 72xxx on the car it was reported on. Same center console. My VIN is 77xxx, so maybe it will have those features. I'ld love to get the updated center console like the M3 has, but hey, I'm just so thrilled to getting a Tesla.

Comments

  • Yeah, I am glad to hear about the auto dimming mirrors. That's something I really love about my BMW i3 that I didn't know existed prior to getting that car. I'm REALLY hoping the center console is updated before I take delivery. I'm almost at a point in which I might refuse delivery if not. I am spending so much on this car I don't want to have to buy more accessories for it like a center console wrap/cover
  • > @Hightower said:
    > Yeah, I am glad to hear about the auto dimming mirrors. That's something I really love about my BMW i3 that I didn't know existed prior to getting that car. I'm REALLY hoping the center console is updated before I take delivery. I'm almost at a point in which I might refuse delivery if not. I am spending so much on this car I don't want to have to buy more accessories for it like a center console wrap/cover

    So you would cancel your order based on a 9$ Center console wrap? Lol. You clearly have specific expectations. Took me about 10 minutes to change this to the look I want. Could care less if they did it at the factory no matter what the car cost.
  • My Model Y VIN is 671xx and it has auto dimming mirrors as well as the laminated front door windows. Piano black center console. But, I like the piano black. You can always wrap piano black, but, you can’t make the new console piano black if you don’t like it.
  • I just took delivery of my MY yesterday. My vin is 72xxx. It only had the laminated windows. It did not have the usb port in the glove box, no metal on the steering wheel knobs, and not auto dimming side mirrors. I ordered it on November 7th and it was delivered on November 24th.
  • > @justsaynarf said:
    > I just took delivery of my MY yesterday. My vin is 72xxx. It only had the laminated windows. It did not have the usb port in the glove box, no metal on the steering wheel knobs, and not auto dimming side mirrors. I ordered it on November 7th and it was delivered on November 24th.

    OK now I am not so upset I got a 63xxx and got no laminated windows and no auto dim side mirrors (those I really wanted. Have to admit the Y is way louder then our 3 and I am sure the laminated windows would have been nice.
  • Here’s one test on the windows. Posted on the Model Y facebook page-

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Kpvbidk0A&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0pHVWEM1oLICst0yum5fK2eckOdR0zQlo5VL-IZByBu532OEWNiACZmfw

    They didn’t see a reduction in noise. I posted that maybe the new glass stops heavy metal balls from going through them and now I’m not allowed to post again.

    Maybe the two panes are better at stopping heat gain? Or maybe the test was flawed?
  • Forgot to mention- that video was on a refreshed model 3, not a Y. Still..
  • can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?
  • > @suhas said:
    > can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?

    I used a snake video camera to get behind the mirror and I could see the wires just disconnected I was thinking to order them from parts and hope them up myself.
  • > @007bond said:
    > > @suhas said:
    > > can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?
    >
    > I used a snake video camera to get behind the mirror and I could see the wires just disconnected I was thinking to order them from parts and hope them up myself.

    Oh, that's very awesome to hear the wiring is there and it sounds like it's just the mirror that needs to be replaced.
  • I wonder if the wiring is there for every MY or only from certain VIN’s or Production dates forward. How are we to know?
  • > @007bond said:
    > > @suhas said:
    > > can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?
    >
    > I used a snake video camera to get behind the mirror and I could see the wires just disconnected I was thinking to order them from parts and hope them up myself.

    What’s your last 5 of VIN and production date? Trying to figure out if the auto dimming mirrors are likely there.
  • > @NJEV_Don18 said:
    > > @007bond said:
    > > > @suhas said:
    > > > can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?
    > >
    > > I used a snake video camera to get behind the mirror and I could see the wires just disconnected I was thinking to order them from parts and hope them up myself.
    >
    > What’s your last 5 of VIN and production date? Trying to figure out if the auto dimming mirrors are likely there.

    634XX Oct 2020
  • > @007bond said:
    > > @NJEV_Don18 said:
    > > > @007bond said:
    > > > > @suhas said:
    > > > > can we get auto dimming mirrors installed on Model Y if it doesn't have?
    > > >
    > > > I used a snake video camera to get behind the mirror and I could see the wires just disconnected I was thinking to order them from parts and hope them up myself.
    > >
    > > What’s your last 5 of VIN and production date? Trying to figure out if the auto dimming mirrors are likely there.
    >
    > 634XX Oct 2020

    I’m 9/12/20 build date abs 47XXX. I don’t have a snake cam. Have to wait until someone can figure out when they started putting the wiring in there.
  • > @justsaynarf said:
    > I just took delivery of my MY yesterday. My vin is 72xxx. It only had the laminated windows. It did not have the usb port in the glove box, no metal on the steering wheel knobs, and not auto dimming side mirrors. I ordered it on November 7th and it was delivered on November 24th.

    I ordered MY in October and it was delivered in November to the East coast. It did not have the USB in the glove compartment it did have the laminated windows. Vin 72xxx
Sign In or Register to comment.