General

Thruster

This is more general, regarding my old ideas.
Even as a child, it seemed primitive to me that a car was being pushed off the ground, that planes were taking off from the air and ships from the water.
All of these devices should have an independent drive, so the car would not be dependent on icy roads, the plane from turbulence and the ship from the waves ... even spaceships would be easily propelled in empty space.
The basis for such a drive would be an electric motor and a mechanical device, or two, to counteract the backlash.
The thrust would be so large that the device would no longer be used not only in space but also on earth in all means of transportation.
For a start, I would protect the device with a provisional patent, and after one year with a real patent, if something needed to be changed.
I know a few companies are dealing with this, my approach is more out of the box, I think more mechanically and in the direction of great utility of the device, I see it practically in the vehicles of the future that will float in the air without the help of propellers or wings.
If anyone else was willing to start this affair with small stakes and some effort put into it, we can talk a little.

Comments

• Have you ever been around a VTOL airplane when it takes off? Take that noise, and multiply it by however many cars you want to hover and propel with thrusters. No thanks.
  • You see, these are not push machines from airplanes, this is a completely different matter, as I mentioned, it is only a combination of an electric motor that is inaudible and a mechanical device that produces thrust by rotating weights.
  • So you say you’ve invented an anti gravity machine have you?
  • "You see, these are not push machines from airplanes, this is a completely different matter, as I mentioned,"

You called it thrust in two places. That has a specific meaning, it's velocity times the time rate of change of mass. You're pushing air with your electrically driven waterwheel, and it's going to make noise.
  • Thruster is also called a similar device invented in England by EmDrive (it also produces thrust), but it has nothing to do with aircraft machines. In my case, it is a purely mechanical device with weights, driven by an electric motor. All in all, it’s cheap, easy and inaudible. I know it’s hard to imagine a machine producing a thrust without exhaust nozzles or anything like that, but that’s exactly why it goes here.
  • edited November 20
    EM Drive is one of the most debunked perpetual motion devices.

Why not explain in broad strokes what rotating masses do to levitate and translate a vehicle?
  • I want whatever is being described here in my cybertruck thanks.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > I want whatever is being described here in my cybertruck thanks.

You will have it. An electric drive will cause masses (wheels) to rotate.
  • @OP, if you can show this working, even in a tiny desktop scale model the size of a Hotwheels, I will pay you enormous sums of money.

But you can't, so my money is safe.

I'm guessing this so-called 'silent thruster' is a bit like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_perpetual_motion_machines#/media/File:Taccola_overbalanced_wheel.jpg
  • @ttoomm1
    You sound really confident. May I ask why you haven’t made a prototype yet?
    Ideas are just that, ideas. Everyone has ideas. But put that idea into practice and now you have something. So, back to my question, why haven’t you made one?
    Inventors, passionate about their idea find a way to get it made.
    I urge you to make it happen, whatever it takes. Never take no as an answer. Get it done!
    Best of luck to you.
  • Experiments with weights and centrifugal force have been done for decades, Canadian inventor Roy Thornson has been at it the longest, I think very similarly and I think I know where the Canadian made mistakes, here is his video, now things can look much less mysterious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIt661hfr9c&t=35s
  • Hi, I am from Big Oil. I will need a few details:

What is your home address?

Do you have any alarms, surveillance, weapons or fire extinguising systems?

Do any documentation of your invention exist outside your home?

When you have provided this information, you will have our full attention, and we will take care of your request.
  • “However, after years of theoretical analysis and laboratory testing of actual devices, no rotating (or any other) mechanical device has ever been found to produce unidirectional reactionless thrust in free space.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionless_drive
  • It is a kind of mechanical pulsator, a mechanical device with weights, driven by an electric motor.
    Just as Canadian inventor Roy Thornson already did, the matter can be changed a little more and another device added so that they are paired, and instead of jerks a little further, back a little, we get a continuous steady thrust in the desired direction.

Let me correct the above comment, the device does not produce free energy, on the contrary - it consumes it.
  • These devices have been debunked. They violate Newton’s third law. However, these are not expensive devices to build, so make a prototype and demonstrate that it creates linear force. Shouldn’t be that difficult. It’s just an electric motor driving weights.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20070004897/downloads/20070004897.pdf
  • > @ttoomm1 said:
    > Let me correct the above comment, the device does not produce free energy, on the contrary - it consumes it.

Sorry, but as an inventor of reactionless propulsion you will have to accept that we lump you together with flat earthers, inventors of perpetual machines and other science deniers.

The only science deniers, who deserve special treatment, are creationists. It is mildly interesting to ponder about the fact that if we are living in an artificial simulation, which was created a few thousand years ago, we may never be able to prove it scientifically, because our laws of nature would just be a property of that simulation.
  • > @ttoomm1 said:
    > Experiments with weights and centrifugal force have been done for decades, Canadian inventor Roy Thornson has been at it the longest, I think very similarly and I think I know where the Canadian made mistakes, here is his video, now things can look much less mysterious:
    >
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIt661hfr9c&t=35s

And how does that levitate a car?
  • Until Roger Shawyer and his EmDrive showed up it was really considered impossible, but things are moving and tomorrow after that completely normal. The laws of physics up or down, human will can overcome all obstacles, in the time of the pyramids they believed in other laws, today we are not able to build pyramids.
    Here is proof that the thruster works to do the action without reaction:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGOzayJqJeQ

I am more interested in the variant of this machine with a huge thrust, so much so that a car the size of a car floats freely in the air, inaudibly, without an air blast. Virtually everything we’ve seen in science fiction movies exists today, why not this one?
  • “ It is a kind of mechanical pulsator, a mechanical device with weights, ”

Kinda sounds like how a Grandfather clock operates.
  • Sigh. The OP has reinvented the Dean Drive:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_drive

Didn't work then, because physics. Won't work now, because physics. OP offers YouTube video on the EM drive to "prove" reactionless thrusters are a thing. Without going into detail on the EM drive, comparing it to the OP's extremely vague mechanical levitation phlogiston seems disingenuous.

For one thing, detailed EM drive plans are easy to come by, and lots of people have built them, and even NASA seems to have gotten some (inexplicable) results.

The OP's miracle mechanical levitation system, on the other hand, only exists in his imagination, because building proof of concept models is hard. Or something. And he won't describe his invention in any detail, so there's no way to judge it. Nonetheless the OP finds our disinclination to take the unsupported word of a stranger who claims to have invented a physics-shattering breakthrough that would literally change the world...annoying.

Oh well.
  • > @ttoomm1 said:
    > It is a kind of mechanical pulsator, a mechanical device with weights, driven by an electric motor.
    >

So...it's an electric powered "shake weight"?

https://media.giphy.com/media/GxmNVbWt5dJRK/giphy.gif
  • So now, in addition a solar roof, solar trunk and hood, solar paint, wind turbines in each tire, towing a backup generator on a trailer, we can now add an electric powered “shake weight”.
    Awesome!
  • @ttoomm1

Make. A. Functional. Prototype.

Any size. Any materials. Any power source.

If it works, I will throw tons of money at you.

You ignored my earlier offer—why?
  • Why tons of money if we can start small?
    One good deal with a team already looking for solutions in this direction, one provisional patent for little money, can start with a few good contacts and a few thousand, and we save tons of money for later when something develops out of it.
  • By your description, you could build a working prototype out of scrap parts for next to nothing. If this is legit, then prove that it works before asking for money.