General

Supercharger location status on nav screen - bugs?

Question about supercharger status displayed in the nav system.
A supercharger location displayed "closed" in my car's nav system for days. But when I happened to drive by, it was clearly open and charging cars the entire time it said closed. Anybody had similar experiences? Is there any other way to check?
Another supercharger location has displayed "limited service" for weeks. No other details, no stalls or prices listed. This one is at a Tesla dealership with lots of charger stalls but not sure what to think. What does 'limited service" mean? Any way to get more details?

Comments

• “Limit service” means that not all stalls are working. This closed charger you are talking about, is it a relatively new site? It can take a few days for it to show up as open on the car’s map. Here in CT, there is new charger that also showed closed on both the nav screen and the app (Ghostbuster symbol), but it was powered up and people were charging. I know because I was one of them. It has been that way for over a week or two and just today on the app, the Ghostbuster symbol is gone replaced with a pin.
  • Thanks for the reply. The "closed" location was not new. It had been installed for years and I'd used it before. Then it displayed Closed with a slash symbol, when it was clearly up and running. I was literally driving by when it still said Closed, with a few cars sitting there charging. Must be some glitch?
    I've seen the nav system display some stalls are not working at a location. But they don't say "limited service". They say 16 of 19 stalls available, 1 stall not working, for example. "limited service" gives no information but I'll take your word for it and go there anyway.
  • Ya, several months ago my nav system told me that my next charger, one of the chargers (meaning two stalls) was down, but didn’t say which one. Well I certainly found out because I just happened to plug into the one that was the culprit for the warning on the screen. Fortunately there were other stalls available.
  • This happens and I’ve charged at “closed” stations. I’ve also pulled into totally dead stations which showed all stalls available.
  • > @davidagrissom_98732475 said: > A supercharger location displayed "closed" in my car's nav system for days. But when I happened to drive by, it was clearly open and charging cars the entire time it said closed."

Did the phone app show the same message?

The only time I get "Limited Service" is when it is a busy SC (three of the four I use are usually rated as busy and limited) and the charge time will be limited to 85%. Usually the car nav will not show disabled chargers directly but will just deduce them from the available as though someone is charging there.

The new 250kW station Tesla just put in has four permanently (since install) disabled.

Tesla only has one charger service person for OR, WA and ID. They should contract out like EA does but "that is the way".