Like any expensive product, most buyers have several goals and concerns. Rarely is a purchase made for a single reason.
Here are some of the top concerns people have with ICE cars that make an EV a smarter choice:
• Safety during a crash – having a huge motor on fire, driven into the cabin can be deadly
• Cost of ownership – fuel, oil, and filter changes, and maintenance are far more expensive and time-consuming with ICE
• Having to breathe carcinogenic fueling fumes during every fill-up
• Having to constantly fuel the car in miserable weather – such as during heat waves, high humidity, freezing cold, rain or snow
• Lack of responsibility to the environment – ICE cars are pollution machines on wheels. The extraction of oil also creates vast amounts of pollution on land, sea, and air.
• Low performance - all ICE cars have poor performance when compared with Tesla’s EVs
• Poor styling – While there are some nice ICE cars, many seem to maximize the ugly factor with massive grills today
• Annoying noise – While engine drone can be somewhat ignored by turning up the music volume, the overall effect is tiring
• Quickly becomes out of date – Without free feature updates like Tesla provides, you must buy a new car every year to get the latest features
• Rollover safety – ICE vehicles tend to rollover in some types of crashes and kill the occupants. An EV is extremely hard to rollover
Perhaps you know of more reasons ICE cars are doomed!