Semi

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Will Tesla sell FSD for Semi at substantially higher prices?

I would be really surprised if they did not have different FSD prices for Semi than consumer vehicles. ROI for customers are just too good to give FSD savings away.

Comments

• Then again, it might be included in the base price. It will be interesting to see what Tesla does. With a totally different market and competition, it may require different strategies.
  • The truck without FSD has an ROI of under 2 years, just with fuel savings. They might choose to bill FSD per mile.

Not sure what motivation they might have to give FSD away in the base price, this is a valuable asset.
  • It's just such a different market and perhaps they want every semi to have FSD. Then again, it could well be a separate cost item, and might even be more than $10K. It's got some additional complexities, including very tricky backups with the trailer.
  • I would think that the profitability of selling FSD on a fleet vehicle, like a semi, would be high. So the pricing would probably be high compared to a typical Model 3's and most companies would not pay it because of the liability issues if it were involved in an accident. Or as someone mentioned, it could be based on miles driven but I postulate it could be on a percentage of $ volume shipped per year, or like Qualcomm charges a percentage of assembled cellphone's or device's final selling price.