General

Ford Mustang Mach-E gets its 270 Mile Range on Premium AWD.

Since Tesla fanbois are interested in older Ford EV's, thought they'd be interested in current events.

"According to the image, the car is rated at 270 miles (434 km) of EPA combined range (as expected in preliminary specs).

It's the best result that we seen in a production, non-Tesla, electric car. The rear-wheel-drive version of Mustang Mach-E Premium with the same battery will be able to go even further - 300 miles EPA (but we don't have confirmation just yet).

Additionally, we can take a look at the efficiency numbers - the combined result is 90 MPGe - 374 Wh/mi (233 Wh/km). "

https://insideevs.com/news/455890/ford-mustang-mache-monroney-epa-range/

It does have Over the Air Updates which the fanbois were upset was not on a 2015 tech older Ford.

It does have Ford Co-Pilot 360 where adaptive cruise is not a Beta product as it is on the Model 3. It has Blind Sport Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, 360 view, all features not found on the Model 3. It will have free OTA for Lane Keeping which will not be a Beta product like Tesla's "Auto Steer". Hatchback with wiper, something missing from all Tesla's.

Good news for EV'ers everywhere.

Build date on mine is 1/25/21 and delivery to a dealer who answers the phone is expected 3/10/21.

Comments

• Alex On Autos is expecting to get one to do his real world route test on it in December.
  • Too bad that we know you are upset about this range on Ford forum.
  • 270 mile range is what I put a deposit down on. It will work for me in more advanced car the Mustang Mach-E.
  • So advanced that it got lower range than Model Y. 🤡🐠
  • > @WW_icefree said: > So advanced that it got lower range than Model Y. "

Higher tech has its costs. Can Ford avoid all the problems of the Model Y will be the big question.
  • Fishev assessing technology maturity is like an actual fish deriving maxwell’s equations.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: Game, set, match Tesla."

With a poor ADAS (automated driver assistance system), the Tesla's are always going to 2nd rate. Tesla hubris I guess in not fixing what should be easy fixes.

Add an inline screen. Add $200 in sensors for blind spot and rear cross traffic warning. Some $10 lights in mirrors and mirrors that can see blind spot. Phantom braking....that's been plaguing Tesla's forever. Add some dedicated controls for essential functions. A wiper on the rear window. Get AutoSteer, adaptive cruise, auto wipers out of Beta. Better fit and finish and general construction. Fix customer service have people answer the phone.

270 miles and ALL of that fixed in Ford's Co-Pilot 360.
  • 25% difference with Model Y
  • Well I'd say 100% difference based on the ADA systems advantage Mustang EV.
  • Perfectly describes fish:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists
  • And where will it charge on longer trips. The super charger network is one of reasons I would not buy any other EV at this time. The Ford sounds promising, but I like the idea of never having to worry about where to find a charger if I need one away from home.

Also what is the home charging situation for the Ford. I get 44 mph charge speed at home.
  • > @2manycars said: > And where will it charge on longer trips."

I've checked out all the Electrify America charging stations going up and it gives the same coverage as Tesla. My shore run in Summer the EA is 50 miles from the marina and Tesla 18 miles. But EA has plans for two stations withing 25 miles in 2021 so I'm ready.
  • Fish still hopes that MomE has hidden range booster for winter time lol
  • We’ve been through this. Doesn’t ship with co-pilot 360. Available later for purchase. Undisclosed price
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > Fish still hopes that MomE has hidden range booster for winter time lol

The opposite, actually. He hopes Ford withholds range in warm climates, artificially requiring more frequent charging. The only reason for such a hope is to continue the narrative that EVs are inconvenient.
  • Their public chargers can be used by Tesla as well, however most are not fast chargers and take quite a while to fully charge.

The Mach E looks nice but turns out to be more expensive when optioned to match the model y.
  • The Mach E battery is 30% larger (98kwh) than Model 3 & Y, yet has significantly less range.
  • Because the battery plumps when you cook it
  • > @lbowroom said: > We’ve been through this. Doesn’t ship with co-pilot 360. Available later for purchase. Undisclosed price"

Looks like you got it wrong. Car comes with the excellent Co-Pilot 360 features. You are talking about Ford's later version of what Tesla euphemistically calls "Full Self Driving". Didn't get it for the Tesla, like not for the Mustang EV but we'll see.

Big difference is not of Ford's self driving tech is "Beta" as all of Tesla's is.

"When the Mach-E goes on sale at the end of this year, buyers who want the hands-free driving mode will have to purchase what Ford’s calling the “Active 2.0 Prep Package.” This will make sure the car has the hardware (a forward-facing camera and radar sensors) that’s necessary for the hands-free driving mode, which Ford is calling “Active Drive Assist.” But the Active Drive Assist feature will require a separate purchase of its own, and won’t be available until a software update that’s coming later next year. (The company said it is not yet ready to reveal pricing for any of this.)"

"Customers will have to buy a specific package, and then pay extra for the feature"

"Until then, owners will have access to the second generation of Ford’s advanced driver assistance system (ADAS), known as CoPilot 360. This includes improved versions of features like lane centering, adaptive cruise control, active park assist, blind spot assist, and more. "

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/18/21294866/fords-copilot-360-active-drive-assist-hands-free-driving-release
  • I actually did look at the Ford Mach-e while looking at Tesla. I don't mind the look of it, and it has some cool features. BUT the price was too high to qualify for my EV incentives. They don't have fast charging like you can get with superchargers so it makes long road trips near impossible and I'm pretty sure its sold out until late 2021 anyways.
  • > @kneught said:
    > BUT the price was too high to qualify for my EV incentives.They don't have fast charging like you can get with superchargers so it makes long road trips near impossible and I'm pretty sure its sold out until late 2021 anyways."

I need to be under $50k MSRP to get OR's $2,500 credit. I found out with Tesla LR AWD $52k and Mustang EV at $56k that the MSRP was under $50k before options so both qualify for my state credits. Mustang will be $10k off while Tesla was $6k as Federal credit was down to 50% at that point.

On the charging, I have a Chademo adapter for Model 3 and I depend on public charging so I've scouted all my routes from summer at the shore to winter in the moutains and Electrify America has me covered with a network of 150kW-350kW chargers from my local supermarket to work to boat and ski.

Depends on where you live but for 80% of US, you can live on EA chargers with EVgo/GM adding another 2700 in 2021-22.
  • > @kneught said:
    > Sell your supposed Tesla and get out of here
    FISHSTICK
    You need to listen, you just sound like a fool, stick to politics because you are not doing Ford any favors here, you are not helping the EV future with your hate for Tesla
  • So let's not put the EA charging network up on the same pedestal as Tesla's. Most, as in probably 98% of EA chargers are at Walmarts, which are not all exactly right off the highway. You then have the seamless process of using Tesla's chargers. There is no need to select from a menu of options to charge, no swiping a card, no hoping that the available chargers are DC fast chargers, no connection fee. With Tesla chargers you simply back up, plug in and go about your business.

As for the low range numbers, that's fine. At least Ford will have something to sell that replaces an ICE car. Like the E-Tron, it will be brand loyalist that will buy it first and hopefully it will gain momentum from there.