General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

President Biden should appoint E. Musk to solve the Climate Crisis

Comments

• > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > Elon Musk can do more to effect change in the private sector than as a government appointee.

“Effect” is a noun. “Affect” is the verb.
  • The caveman and the fish remind me of Godzilla vs. the Predator 😝
  • > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > Elon Musk can do more to effect change in the private sector than as a government appointee.
    >
    > “Effect” is a noun. “Affect” is the verb.
    >
    >
    Yes, and that is not a mistake I am prone to. The correct verb phrase, however, is “effect change.”
  • https://writingexplained.org/affect-change-or-effect-change
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @MitchP85D said: >You don't want the public to make choices for themselves. You want to tell them what they should be allowed to have in life. “
    >
    > You don’t get a choice to destroy everyone’s ecosystem so you can “have a life” while destroying everyone else’s life. Your don’t have the freedom to burn down the house.
    >
    > Industrial pollution is now life threatening for all so all have to stop using oil and coal. Since there is no downside to it just more jobs, less emissions, less military costs, less oil import costs, less water pollution, clearer skies, cooler oceans and fresh water bodies.
    >
    > Win-win.
    >

Fish, not one single ultra-liberal goon has acknowledged how helpful fossil fuels have been to the ecosystem. Not one of you have addressed the issue of what we were using before fossil fuels - wood burning fuel. Go ahead. Think what would have happened to our ecosystem if we were still using wood to heat our homes. None of you have thought of that because you simply don't want to think about that. It is obvious to any thinking person that fossil fuels, combined with Nikola Tesla's AC motor has done more to advance the standard of living for humanity than anything else.

We will get off fossil fuels eventually. Quit snapping your silly fingers at our scientists and engineers. That is basically what all of you liberal goons are doing here.
  • Feel better Mitch?
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > > Elon Musk can do more to effect change in the private sector than as a government appointee.
    > >
    > > “Effect” is a noun. “Affect” is the verb.
    > >
    > >
    > Yes, and that is not a mistake I am prone to. The correct verb phrase, however, is “effect change.”
    >

Yes, and if you "affect" change, it means to modify something that exists. When you "effect" change, you are MAKING change without reference to an existing state.
  • > @MitchP85D said:

> Fish, not one single ultra-liberal goon has acknowledged ... .
    >
    > We will get off fossil fuels eventually. Quit snapping your silly fingers at our scientists and engineers. That is basically what all of you liberal goons are doing here.

It's so funny that Mitch is back to ad-hominem arguments, seeing him so totally unarmed in a battle of wits.
  • Also please note that the paleoclimate timescale is way beyond this short little insignificant blip in time while we are using fossil fuels. The challenge to humanity will not come from this brief little tail end period of this mild interglacial. It will be the onslaught of the next glacial period. Hopefully, we will be technologically advanced enough by that time (a few thousand years maybe) to be ready for it. If not, this will be the mass starvation or "extinction event" you global warming zealots have been yakin' about.
  • Name-calling hasn't been a one-way street lawdude. That's one of those peculiar little things I've noticed about you liberals. You think conservatives are the only ones who name call around here.
  • Aww... the Trumpian answer: "you hurt my feelings so now I'll call you names."

Find a busy street to play in.
  • > @MitchP85D said: > Fish, not one single ultra-liberal goon has acknowledged how helpful fossil fuels have been to the ecosystem."

The non-Trump/GOP rest of the word calls them scientists.

All negatives for fossil fuels and the ecosystem. More pesky science and scientists.

Be interesting to see your source for your views.
  • Hey Fish, try thinking for a change. What do humans do to trees when they have to use wood as their fuel source? Do you need a source for a scientific study to help you determine the answer to the question? Are you beginning to catch on yet?
  • > @rxlawdude said:
    > Aww... the Trumpian answer: "you hurt my feelings so now I'll call you names."
    >
    > Find a busy street to play in.
    >

My feelings aren't hurt lawdude. Are yours?
  • You still didn't find a busy street?
  • Got plenty of busy streets in Houston. The Model-S comes in handy. Does that mystify you lawdude?
  • Boy
    Going so far off topic is the usual troll achievement.
    When there's nothing factual presented debating is meaningless.
    The same BS as on the climate crisis thread has started here
  • as is the forum standard.
  • As a liberal goon just want you to know, when you drive your model S on busy streets in Houston all your fellow Redneck Republicans goons look at you and think must be a stinking Liberal, you haven’t figured that out yet
  • > @MitchP85D said: Do you need a source for a scientific study to help you determine the answer to the question?"

The question was what sources you had for your non-scientific views. Come on now, you aren't embarrassed to post those NewsMax links are you?
  • What non-scientific views fish? Cutting down trees for wood burning fuel vs. burning fossil fuels? I can tell this issue makes you and other goofy liberals uncomfortable.
  • > @MitchP85D said:
    > What non-scientific views fish? Cutting down trees for wood burning fuel vs. burning fossil fuels? I can tell this issue makes you and other goofy liberals uncomfortable.
    >

What makes me uncomfortable is trumptards who think they are Republicans. Not even close

Only two types of trumptards, billionaires and suckers
  • edited December 2020
    > @blkice said: > What makes me uncomfortable is trumptards who think they are Republicans."

All GOP'ers are Trumptards. Who challenged Trump from GOP? No one. All GOP'ers supported Trump and voted for him.

Trump "steaks" it's what's for dinner for the GOP.

To this topic, there aren't any GOP'ers in office who are science based when it comes to global warming. GOP opposes the climate science as part of its core ideology.
  • Fish, don’t quote me until you stop lying about Tesla, please
  • > @blkice said:
    > Fish, don’t quote me until you stop lying about Tesla, please

I was pointing out you were wrong so only fair to quote your error, all Republicans are Trumpers. Crazy how many white supremacists US has, all in the GOP.