General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

President Biden should appoint E. Musk to solve the Climate Crisis

Comments

• > @FISHEV said:

> It's called hypocrisy.

You worried about hypocrisy?

Good Start, try and keep it up

But look into yourself,

Grasshopper
  • edited December 2020
    > @blkice said: > > It's called hypocrisy.

Yes. Musk building businesses on top of and with gov't subsidies and then saying he never needed them while still accepting $500M in government subsidy to show a profit.
  • Did Fish just respond to his own quote?
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Did Fish just respond to his own quote?

He does that.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: $465M was a loan that Tesla paid back in full ahead of schedule with interest."

Yes...Feds saved Tesla from bankruptcy. It was a close thing as Musk's GOP buddies didn't want to give Tesla the loan as they opposed (and still oppose) EV's. The $500M loan was just as Tesla was trying to launch the Model S.

Then the $2B in Federal EV tax credits. Another $1B from state and local tax breaks. Then another $1B and ongoing today $500M in ZEV tax credits per year.

Tesla is one of the most government subsidized companies based on paid government support overall and sales and jobs created.

But good to get EVs going which is why it is a good investment by tax payers supporting Tesla.
  • > @SamO said:
    > Subsidized flood insurance you enormous faux libertarian welfare stain. Stop rebuilding on a flood plain and expected your neighbors to foot the bill.
    >
    > Stop with all the handouts. You Texas welfare queens are really something . . . Guess everything IS bigger in Texas.

Hey dumbass 60cc SamO, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't live in a flood zone? Plus, if you look at the FEMA - National Flood Insurance Program page, it will tell you that your home can flood outside of flood zones. Excessive snowfall can cause floods when it melts. Bursting underground water pipes can flood your home. Dam failures can flood your home. And need I mention excessive rainfall events can flood your home outside of a flood zone? Plus, my neighbors don't foot my bill. They live in the same non-flood zone I do! And guess what? California has flood events too. Support FEMA. Buy flood insurance.

https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-states-ca
  • Here is a link to show flood information for all 50 states. Lame brain SamO is oblivious to the fact that Texas isn't the only place that floods.

https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-map
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: I've never heard that Musk has any GOP buddies - who by name do you know are his friends (and Trump is not his friend)? "

Musk lobbied against EV tax credit for GOP.

Musk joined Trump's "Science Advisory" team which claimed no global warming.

Musk joined Trump in claiming Covid was flu and his factory should not have to shut and then he opens without a plan then moves company out of CA because of Musk's Trump Covid is the flu craziness.
  • More lies. Admins please ban FishEV.
  • Thanks FISHSTICK for provoking TT to post great information as usual, you are a real special person and normally I feel bad if I get too snarky with someone but you’re so special it actually feels right, thanks
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @"TeslaTap.com" said: I've never heard that Musk has any GOP buddies - who by name do you know are his friends (and Trump is not his friend)? "
    >
    > Musk lobbied against EV tax credit for GOP.
    >
    > Musk joined Trump's "Science Advisory" team which claimed no global warming.
    >
    > Musk joined Trump in claiming Covid was flu and his factory should not have to shut and then he opens without a plan then moves company out of CA because of Musk's Trump Covid is the flu craziness.
    >
    >

This is a riot. More, please. More unhinged lunatic fringe tinfoil hat douchebaggery, 🦅
  • LOL. this is even too crazy for the fish. On EM moving to Texas I bet there are many reasons like the Cybertruck/TeraFactory, Space travel, etc. Also the Eco park in Texas will become a tourist attraction I'll bet.
    Speculations are not facts.
    I like how Elon shakes things up and gets work done faster than anyone.
    He also likes Berlin which when I was there does have exciting night life.
    He also has family.
    I really hope Biden gets him for a consultant. Things will move at rocket speed to fight the Climate Crisis in a smart way.
  • > @Mike83 said:. On EM moving to Texas I bet there are many reasons like the Cybertruck/TeraFactory, Space travel, etc.

According to Musk it was because of CA's medical science based pandemic public health policies. Musk is an anti-science Trumper on Covid-19.

Attacking CA which is responsible for Tesla's existence in so many ways over CA's sound medical science policies pretty much defines Musk over the last couple years.
  • Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected] about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you.
  • Welcome to Texas Elon!
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected] about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you.

With political leaders lying like a rug we have people who think its OK to lie.
    Hopefully this criminal type activity will stop with new leadership.
  • Hey Ozone Hole Mike, Happy Holidays to you! What you liberals don't understand is that the free exchange of ideas and freedom of speech exposes people for what they are. When you liberals see and hear some speech you don't like, your knee-jerk reaction is to squelch them. We conservatives don't believe that. We like to see people for what they are, no matter how ugly. We see this as a way to obtain information about our political foes. FISH has a reputation in the Tesla Forum. When FISH makes a post, we conservatives think, "consider the source." On the other hand, you liberals think, "ban him!"

Leave the matter to who gets banned from The Forum to Tesla. We are all guests in this forum, and we all have a diversity of viewpoints. Tesla has their rules, and if somebody crosses the line, I am sure Tesla will handle it.

So Mike, icefree - chill.
  • @MitchP85D

While i firmly agree with the freedom of speech point of view, FISH should go. Hes been here for over 4 years with malevolent intentions and has no interest in honesty.
  • Hey Mitch, I was gonna compliment you on welcoming Elon but then you just kept on yappin.

What you goofy conservatives keep forgetting is that we're all Americans.
  • > @MitchP85D said:
    > What you liberals don't understand is that the free exchange of ideas and freedom of speech exposes people for what they are. When you liberals see and hear some speech you don't like, your knee-jerk reaction is to squelch them. We conservatives don't believe that.

That explains Fox "News," OAN, and "News"Max. You conservatives want a free exchange of ideas. As long as they echo yours.
  • "When you liberals see and hear some speech you don't like, your knee-jerk reaction is to squelch them. We conservatives don't believe that."

Tell that to Michigan's Governor and Secretary of State.

Is murder or grave bodily harm considered squelching?
  • @TabascoGuy - Speaking of Michigan, state Rep. Cynthia Johnson encouraged her "soldiers," aka BLM thugs to attack Trump supporters. She has now revealed herself. Conservatives can use that information. Her speech should not be squelched. Due to free speech, we know who our enemy is.