Model 3

I was just notified this is available to me and it’s installing now on my 3. Yet when I look at the release notes they look very similar to the release I already had. Anybody know why that is? Is it because the earlier release was the beta version and the new one is the final version, maybe with bug fixes? Thanks!

Comments

• > @SALR1221 said:
    > I was just notified this is available to me and it’s installing now on my 3. Yet when I look at the release notes they look very similar to the release I already had. Anybody know why that is? Is it because the earlier release was the beta version and the new one is the final version, maybe with bug fixes? Thanks!

Happens with many of the updates. Just bug fixes and other minor changes that don’t warrant inclusion in release notes.
  • That's the beauty of Tesla's OTA's, there will probably not be a final version as they are constantly being improved upon.

Also, your earlier release was not a beta version, it was just the previous release.
  • Sal, Tesla is constantly evolving and improving. I'd call everything beta because I know that next week or next month, they'll push an OTA with even more features and goodies. That's Tesla. It's one of the reasons I enjoy my "3" so much.
  • Improving on some things, getting worse on others. The corresponding map update fixed some speed limit issues, but made some others much worse (20 miles of 55mph road that Tesla thinks is 35). Also many stop signs it used to "see", are no longer recognized. Car wants to blow right across highways, making no attempt to stop. This worked before the update. They really need a way to get user feedback instead of the completely ignored "bug report".
  • dog, assuming you have HW3 and FSD, both needed for seeing signs and reacting accordingly. If so, something is wrong then with your front facing cameras. It should see the posted speed limit sign and traffic controls (lights and stop signs). If it is not then get your cameras checked.

Unless that stretch of road has no posted speed limit sign, then I could see that possibly happening because of bad Google map data, but not blowing thru a stop sign.
  • I have both hw3 and fsd. The rural roads in Wisconsin are 55 by default, so not posted. Only posted where the speed is less, except for residential, which is unposted but 35. I can see the stop signs on the "visualization", but the car doesn't react to them. This has been ongoing for certain signs for a while now, but not all. Now its a different set of signs that it used to stop for, and doesn't any longer, while it still stops for others. Maybe the "update" reclassified roads from rural to residential? Some places where it had problems before are better now. Either way, my hope for the FSD ever being good for much took a nosedive.
  • > @SALR1221 said:
    > I was just notified this is available to me and it’s installing now on my 3. Yet when I look at the release notes they look very similar to the release I already had. Anybody know why that is?”

They are mostly bug fixes more than updates so no new or upgraded features most of the time.
  • dog, I would get a service appointment then. It sees the sign but doesn’t respond accordingly? No bueno.
  • > @dognabit_98424554 said:
    > The rural roads in Wisconsin are 55 by default, so not posted.

The same is true in Virginia, and pretty much every state I have ever driven through. Prior to update 44.10, the "End 40 Speed Limit" signs used to be read as "Speed Limit 40". You could even see it in the visualization. After update 44.10, the "End 40 Speed Limit" signs are now ignored and don't even show up in the visualization, so that's a step in the right direction. The problem is the vehicle still won't go the next step, which would be to resume the 55 mph speed limit implicit when you encounter the "End 40 Speed Limit" sign, so the vehicle continues to assume a 40 mph speed limit.