Model X

The height of the opening of the trunk door indoors.

The opening height of the trunk door is too low indoors, so please change it so that it can open higher.

Comments

• It may be the limit was set low on the trunk? If you can push it up higher, you can reset the height limit. Increase the height to where you want it, and press and hold the trunk open button until it beeps. It will remember this new height.

I suggest you do this in your garage so you set the limit so doesn't hit something like the overhead garage door.
  • Wise suggestion, TeslaTap!
  • @"TeslaTap.com" My X rear hatch does not open all the way inside the garage, has plenty of room. I have tried raising it manually and holding the button as you suggested, it beeps, but still does not raise fully. I suspect I am doing something wrong after several attempts. thanks as always for your answers.
  • @hilliard528_98661406 - How old is your X? It could be one of the struts has leaked gas and no longer contributes to opening the hatch fully. While not common, some do fail in a way that the motor doesn't have enough power to fully open. The older the vehicle the more likely this is the problem. Service can figure it out.
  • > @hilliard528_98661406 said:
    > @"TeslaTap.com" My X rear hatch does not open all the way inside the garage, has plenty of room. I have tried raising it manually and holding the button as you suggested, it beeps, but still does not raise fully. I suspect I am doing something wrong after several attempts. thanks as always for your answers.

I believe the X has a sensor that limits the opening height. In our garage, it never opens fully despite setting it as suggested by others. Outside of the garage it opens fully.
  • @"TeslaTap.com" My X is 2020 and had motor strut replaced recently due to rear end accident (this occurred pre and post incident). I suspect @ohmster that this is a failsafe mode, although the wing doors can be overridden from inside.