General

misled

Cars
You and anyone using your referral link can each earn 1,000 miles of free Supercharging with the purchase of a new Tesla car. Each car referral also gives you a chance to win a Model Y monthly or Roadster supercar quarterly. Owners who already have free Supercharging get two chances to win. these are words right off their web page. Yet we bought a car and never got the 1,000 miles of credit. The salesman (M V Mall) said we would get it. Tesla denied us the credit...We feel mislead and deceived.

Comments

• You have to order with the referral link, otherwise you won’t get it.

https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program
  • * User Error *
  • Misunderstood me thinks.
    When one gives their referral code they need to explain how to use it to obtain the credits.
    And to advise that it’s only good for 6mos. (Latest offer-it changes)
    Read the fine print, friends.

Still Grinning ;-)
  • Except if you live in Virginia where they are worthless
  • Alas, just a misunderstanding taken way out of context...

Some people are sooo melodramatic.
  • The salesman is the wrong contact. I had issues with a promotional credit, and [email protected] (Josh W in particular) remedied it.
  • “ Yet we bought a car and never got the 1,000 miles of credit.”

Who’s referral code did you enter when you ordered?
  • I must admit that I don't think Tesla does not handles this very well. I had a friend look at my model 3 and decide that he wanted to get one. I told him about using my promo code, but he ended up ordering a car at a Tesla store without using my promo code. I told him that was dumb, so he called up the salesman the next day to give the promo code information, but the salesman said there's no way to enter it after the fact. Of course, he could have cancelled the order and then placed a new order using my promo code, but he didn't want to do that (and I can't really blame him).

I realize this is really not that big a deal, but there's really no good reason not to give the customer the benefit of 1000 miles of free supercharging miles (and me as well). Instead of making customers even happier, it leaves them with a bit of a sour taste in their mouths, and it's completely unnecessary.
  • He ordered before using the promo code and missed out on $50 worth of supercharging. You'll get over it fast.
  • If I paid $50 every time I filled up at a Supercharger, I'd still be $45 ahead each time.

People sure do look at the wrong side of the half filled/half empty glass.
  • Tesla promises are like pots of gold at the ends of rainbows. They are fun to think about but nobody believes they are real.
  • > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > Tesla promises are like pots of gold at the ends of rainbows. They are fun to think about but nobody believes they are real.

Speak only for yourself
  • > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > Tesla promises are like pots of gold at the ends of rainbows. They are fun to think about but nobody believes they are real.

Are you the Nobody, you’re first name? or you’re last name?
  • Elon is making a lier out of me. My sales associate said it wasn't too late to submit referral codes during my purchase so I hunted down some friends and entered theirs. Nothing.
  • Ch0pper1,

Your story doesn’t make sense. You can’t enter a referral code after the order is placed, let alone multiple codes. You have to order the car using a referral link. You can’t get the referral incentive after the fact.