Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

It's Time to Build Your Model S

Comments

• edited November -1
    Isn't it so they can lock up more buyers into contracts? You do lose 10k if you back out after signing the doc.
  • edited November -1
    I believe it has always been 90 days from placing your order to receive your S. They are giving you 30 days to make your choices after you receive your 'Time to Build' email, so that puts you at 120 days, if there are no delays..
  • edited November -1
    I'm P#3820, got my email today as well. It looks like they are running at about 1,000 reservations per week for the last three weeks. This rate is way ahead of their anticipated production run for 2013 of 20k/yr.

The silence from Tesla has been a bit deafening. I'm guessing that the feedback from real world driving of the Founders Series and the first few Sigs has Tesla re-evaluating a few things and tweaking their line. Whatever the case, I would love to hear an update from Tesla regarding the apparent slow down of production.

I'm all for slowing it down to improve the final product and I really don't mind waiting a few extra months for a vehicle that won't need a recall. I would just like to know what the issues are.
  • edited November -1
    I was wondering if we would get another flurry of these on Tuesday. Seems to be regular now.

Also might be very possible that they are calling a large number of res holders to get the configs in. Two folks with adjacent res numbers might get very different delivery dates depending on exterior color, battery size, interior color, or perhaps even physical location. I suspect they are batching for efficiency and ease of build as Jerry touched on.
  • edited November -1
    Has anyone received confirmation that their paperwork was received? I haven't heard anything since signing and would feel more comfortable if I knew that the process was moving forward. I just sent them an email but wondered if anyone here had any info.
  • edited November -1
    dubaty, I received confirmation of my digitally signed paperwork the next day.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, ddruz, so something went wrong. Ill have to resubmit it seems.
  • edited November -1
    3723 "Time to build" was received earlier this afternoon and I just finalized online!
  • edited November -1
    I received my confirmation the next day. P2884.
  • edited November -1
    dubaty
    P3446. I received my confirmation within 30 minutes of digitally signing the docs. I would call them. they seem to be really good in handling questions over the phone
  • edited November -1
    @dubaty

Call you Tesla rep first. I also did not get confirmation after signing right away. But he tracked it down and they did have it and I was sent confirmation shortly after I spoke with him.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for all the replies. I will try calling them in the morning.
  • mnxmnx
    edited November -1
    I just logged into My Tesla and the finalize button was there.

Canadian Sig # 24.

Haven't gotten an e-mail yet FWIW...
  • edited November -1
    P4060, hit Finalize today! Nov-Dec delivery time frame was giving.
    dc
  • edited November -1
    Canadian Signature #132. Just got the email! Finally one of the gang :)
  • edited November -1
    Great news Marc. Time to spread the good news around.
  • edited November -1
    Just got mine too.
    Canadian Sig #152.
    Yee ha!
  • edited November -1
    omg, CAN Sig got their email, this is becoming real guys!

Can P179, I reserved when USA Prod reservation # was in the 4300 range. So with all Can Sig and USA prod at 4000, I start to feel it's close for us Can Production
  • edited November -1
    Just got my "Time to Build" email. P4235. I am amped!
  • edited November -1
    #4090 just received mine today, too.
  • edited November -1
    Canadian Sig #17.
  • edited November -1
    #3714 Received my "Time to Build" Aug 21. I finished the
    paper work partialy on line and on phone. I then received
    the "Congratulations! Your Model S order is on its way to the Tesla Factory" that afternoon." I was told that delivery would
    be Dec or Jan. I was also imformed that they would notify
    me 30 days before delivery.
  • edited November -1
    Awww...I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get mine before the end of 2012. :(
  • edited November -1
    Just got my finalize email!

Canadian Sig. 72

Gotta love it ... eh! ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Just got mine... Canadian Sig. #12