Model 3

R gear was reverse

Today I did want to park and I put the gear on R and it did show the camera also to me so I started to push the gas but instead of reverse it went to the front , I try it 3 times until it touched the wall and unfortunately it damaged a bit of the color of the front.
After that I turned off the car and turned it on again and it was ok but when I did want to charge it ,It didn't open the charger door and I tested it 2,3 times and when I turned it on again and it was ok.
But about the scratch is there any warranty?
Because I bought the car about 2 month ago and now this bug that car had every day I should see the scratch!

Comments

• 🤦‍♂️
  • "I try it 3 times until it touched the wall and unfortunately it damaged a bit of the color of the front."

You put the car into reverse, pressed the accelerator, the car went forward a bit. You then pressed the accelerator again, and it went forward a bit more. You yet again pressed the accelerator and hit a wall and want Tesla to pay for the scratch.....?
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > What......?
    >
    > You put the car into reverse, pressed the accelerator, the car went forward a bit. You then pressed the accelerator again, and it went forward a bit more. You yet again pressed the accelerator and hit a wall and want Tesla to pay for the scratch.....?
    >

I don't know how much you have space in your garage but I had just 20 cm space so yes I tried to fix the car but it didn't.
  • Is this behavior repeatable? If so, you need a service appointment.
  • The car going into drive when you put it in reverse should have provoked a need for service, not scratch warranty.
  • Did you try to park backing in or front facing the wall? Based on your description, it seemed you intended to back toward a wall. However, you went forward toward another wall?
  • If at first you don’t succeed...
  • We’re you parking on an incline?
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > We’re you parking on an incline?

Good point. If have hold mode active and apply just enough throttle to release the brake, it might not be enough to overcome gravity.
  • We > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > We’re you parking on an incline?

We have bit but always it was ok, if it's about this do you have any idea to don't go forward?
  • Change your setting to creep instead of hold. Otherwise you will need to apply enough throttle to overcome gravity.
  • In the driver's seat, when you sat down, were you facing the front of the car or the rear of the car?
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > Change your setting to creep instead of hold. Otherwise you will need to apply enough throttle to overcome gravity.

It's already on that, I checked notifications in the car and I already have 3 error notifications about change D to R in gear.
    I have an appointment and I hope they find the problem.
    Thank you.
  • I always thought R stands for "Ride".
  • Can you provide the error message verbatim?
  • > @in7_98388832 said:
    > In the driver's seat, when you sat down, were you facing the front of the car or the rear of the car?

If OP faced the rear of the car, they'd be unable to hit the brake pedal, so that would explain the collision.
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha