General

Axel Springer Award goes to Elon Musk

A well deserved acknowledgement. Congrats.
Funny in his own country he is not honored and worse. Jealousy, special interests, etc. show the pettiness of some.

https://www.axelspringer.com/en/press-releases/great-visions-and-the-indomitable-will-to-achieve-them-the-axel-springer-award-goes-to-elon-musk

Comments

• @Mike83,
    "in his own country"?
    Last I knew, Elon Musk was an American.
    Given that all one must do to be an American is to Pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands . . . .
    He's shown whole lot more allegiance than most of those who only got their citizenship by fortune of where they were born.
  • > @Mike83 said: > Funny in his own country he is not honored and worse."

Poor poor pitiful me.

Musk joins those other billionaire favorites of the right wing Axel Springer award, Zuckerberg and Bezos. The three representing what's wrong with US economy more than what is right.
  • I guess we see the envy of some who are lazy and critical of others. Failure seems to be rewarded in politics and stupidity is applauded? Unbelievable losers.
    Elon Musk also created tens of thousands of high paying jobs.
  • > @Mike83 said: > Elon Musk also created tens of thousands of high paying jobs."

With $3B in government subsidies and save-from-bankruptcy loans. Tesla's current profits are all from the yearly ZEV credits it sells to allow higher levels of pollution. Tesla gets about $500M a year from ZEV credits.

About 30,000 US employees for Tesla for that investment of $4B by US taxpayers in Tesla since its inception with $500M a year and low taxes on Tesla and Musk yearly.
  • edited November 2020
    > @TabascoGuy said: > You mean that "investment" that was paid back early with interest?"

Do you mean the $500M loan from government to save Tesla from bankruptcy?

Tesla gets that almost yealy now via the ZEV credits that allow for increased emissions.
  • Are we talking about the last "great' recession from the 2008 or so financial collapse? When GM and Chrysler were bailed out by the US Government with Billions of dollars when they filed for bankruptcy protection; and when Nissan (@$1.5 Billion), Ford (@$6 Billion) and Tesla (@$465 Million) got loans to update and expand operations, etc. to help keep the industry going and to preserve tens of thousands of jobs? Of which Tesla paid back its loan NINE years early------have Ford and Nissan paid theirs back yet?

And further kudos to Elon for having the confidence in himself and in Tesla, as well as being smart enough to earn the credits and to be able to generate excess credits to sell to the other car makers that were (are) unable to build great cars to earn their own credits------shows Elon is smarter than all his peers in the auto industry.

All the while he had another little project going on----SpaceX or something.
  • > @mcmack15_98171493 said: > Are we talking about the last "great' recession from the 2008 or so financial collapse? "

No...most recent GOP Great Recession, the Trump/GOP/Covid Great Recession 3.0. 4.0 if you count Reagan's Great Recession which lead to US deficit/debt explosion.

> @mcmack15_98171493 said: > And further kudos to Elon for having the confidence in himself and in Tesla, as well as being smart enough to earn the credits.

More kudos to political leaders who created the $4B in various subsidies and loans to keep Tesla in business. Smart industrial policy.

Axel Springer was a right wing media person, the Rupert Murdoch of his time and ironically would have opposed the government subsidies and regulations to move transportation to zero net emissions.
  • Are you saying that in addition to the $465 million loan from the 'great' recession (which was paid back 9 years early) Tesla was given additional loans from the government----not environmental related credits, etc. -----but loans?
  • The man is a genius with noble goals to say the least. We are lucky to be witnesses of the Thomas Edison of this century. Anyone who follows him knows this. I don't know if Fish has an agenda, or is just simple minded, but it's pointless to argue with him - haters gotta hate.
  • > @mcmack15_98171493 said: > Are you saying that in addition to the $465 million loan from the 'great' recession (which was paid back 9 years early) Tesla was given additional loans from the government----not environmental related credits, etc. -----but loans?”

I’m saying Tesla got close to $4B in government subsidy including a life saving $500M loan to keep it out of bankruptcy right before launch of Model S.

That Tesla continues to get $500M (+/-) a year in government subsidies for ZEV credits.

One of the more heavily and continuously subsidized companies in the US by the numbers.
  • lflyl95----I see your point. Similar case in another thread where facts appear to be unimportant. You have to wonder why anyone would want to go on a forum and post misleading, disingenuous statements, and half truths. It must be a sad life.
  • In terms of subsidies, yes, Tesla has made good use of them. They're 13th in overall receipts. They've even received almost 22% as much as Ford and General Motors.
  • Take it easy on fishy.

He’s probably been shorting Tesla and is not very happy right now.

On the other hand I really enjoy looking at my account right now.
  • > @akgolf said:
    > Take it easy on fishy.
    >
    > He’s probably been shorting Tesla and is not very happy right now.
    >
    That requires a level of sophistication not in evidence
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @akgolf said:
    > > Take it easy on fishy.
    > >
    > > He’s probably been shorting Tesla and is not very happy right now.
    > > https://creditcardsupportx.com
    https://creditcardsupportx.com/target-red-credit-card
    https://creditcardsupportx.com/baby-r-us-credit-card
    > That requires a level of sophistication not in evidence
    >

thanks my issue has been fixed.
  • The forum has changed and the short position has diminished. Much less trolling related to shorts covering most likely.
    Congrats to Elon and all Tesla owners, employees and investors for taking it to the hilt. Short shorts party tonight(with my wife)
    🏎️🚚🚀🛸🏖️🔌🏁🇱🇷 . Happy New Year