Model S

Service app rocks

I got a dash screen message this afternoon that my 12V battery would need to be replaced soon. It had been over 275,000 miles since it had been changed. I decided to jump on the phone app while I was out doing errands. The app knew that I had a 12 V message, so it was simple to just click on that as my issue. I left word that I'd like a ranger to come take care of it. Four different service center options popped up with appointment times ranging from 1.5 to 3 weeks out. Took about a minute to get everything squared away.

I went ahead and texted the ranger that I was hoping to get by choosing the Boise service center, just to make sure I'd done the appropriate thing. He texted me back 40 minutes later letting me know they had received the appointment request and I'd be put on his schedule for when he swings through town. Boise is 750 miles away, so they run a route through the territory on a schedule. Can't imagine things being much easier. Far more convenient than phoning into a service center and starting from square one.

Comments

• Yep, service seems so much easier with the app. The ICE dealers on the phone always seem to want to scam you with unneeded products and services and it takes a lot longer on phone than using the app where you can see scheduled times available.
  • I just wish they had a desktop
    version for making service appointments. A few of mine have just simple disappeared after confirmation and it’s a PITA entering it all again on my phone.
  • I wish I could text a ranger...the one I had left Tesla..

My appt has been pushed out until Dec 10th. Daughter board ship date still "pending"

@BH, please ask your ranger if he has heard of the "Home file clearing" trick and if it is something Mobile can do...
  • Is this the kissass thread?
  • Just the unvarnished truth, as always. Pretty sure the app didn’t get me any”special treatment.”
  • The app is cool. I just wish it wasn’t the only way to contact Tesla for support.
  • Yep... I would be happy if I could just be able to respond to a signed text or email...

Now with another forced lockdown tommorow, I will be lucky if I hear crickets...
  • I'm glad it went well for you Big. I'm more use to just replacing the battery in my own car. If it's under warranty then I would let them do it.
  • Bet the mobile app is cool, but how about adding the service app on the center screen of all Tesla’s ?

What’s the problem ? Is this to hard to implement Teslatap , I think not.

And one more question, does MCU control security or is it the body control module?

Thanks in advance
  • I change my own 12 V batteries, but not on a 2013 Model S. Requires special tools to work in that hole.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Just the unvarnished truth, as always. Pretty sure the app didn’t get me any”special treatment.”

You don't have the limited release app for special customers?

>I change my own 12 V batteries, but not on a 2013 Model S. Requires special >tools to work in that hole.

Speculum...
  • Update:

Just got an email asking for acceptance of a service estimate. Took one click.

12V Battery $140
    Labor $45
    No fee for 1500 mile round trip for ranger. 205k miles out of warranty.

How awesome is that. What a bargain.
  • Took me two clicks, but I might not have needed the first one.
  • My name was already populated on the signature. 🤷‍♂️
  • Mine was too, but I thought I had to click on the "Start Arrow".
  • I must have been on Autopilot🤓
  • I love the Tesla service app. So efficient and no rip offs like you know where.
    I had mobile service(was called Rangers) come out to our place and replace a part on our MS and they also put the fender protection on our M3 when I asked about it. All goodwill.
    They wouldn't take a tip. So I ordered some stuff from the Tesla Shop.
  • Update.
    Got a text from the ranger confirming a visit to my town next week with a proposed meeting time. Only one day different than first available at a service center.
  • @BH...

Could you ask about the home page clearing? I talked to a SvC and got some info, but not enough...

TIA...
  • I’ll try to remember. You think there’s more to it than just clearing nav destinations and resetting trip meters?
  • Yes, because of posts on the other forum.

Those posts quoted SvC as clearing home folder, and then asking owner to clear nav and reset trip meters
  • 👍🏼
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Update:
    >
    > Just got an email asking for acceptance of a service estimate. Took one click.
    >
    > 12V Battery $140
    > Labor $45
    > No fee for 1500 mile round trip for ranger. 205k miles out of warranty.
    >
    > How awesome is that. What a bargain.

$45 (15 minute estimate)!? do they know where the 12v is located on your car? I think they're thinking newer position.
  • Years ago, on my first 2013 S, replacing the 12v battery by mobile service took all of 20 minutes. I was impressed. I bet it would take me at least an hour. Service may have gotten faster with more experience!
  • Not sure what $45 covers. Shop rates vary from $125 to $175, so it could be 20 minutes. A good tech could probably get it under 10 minutes in a competition.