Model Y

Best aftermarket accessories supplier.

Hi everyone. We put in our order for our Model Y and it should be ready soon. We are going to get the essentials aka a screen protector, all weather mats etc. I've heard names like Teslarati, Abstract Ocean etc. Who sells the best quality stuff and who should we go with?

Also any feedback on the 3D MAXpider floor mats from Teslarati? Are they really all weather? Aka they can take sand, water etc and clean easy? Just asking because they seem like carpet type mats and I'm not sure how easy they are to clean.

Thank you.

Comments

• I research the heck out of everything, but in a few cases I decided that the best reviewed didn’t always justify the extra cost. Here are some things I’ve picked up so far:
    * Screen protector from Abstract Ocean (ordered through shop.teslarati.com). Half the price of the top rated and recommended by a friend for its ease for installment.
    * 3D MAXpider mats for the passenger cabin because they don’t look like heavy duty rubber mats. I haven’t had them long enough to review them.
    * Tasmanian.com rear trunk mat, because it is heavy duty and I liked the look of it better than the 3D for the back
    * Center console wrap in ‘matte deep black’ from EVwraps.com They seemed to be universally liked and were not too expensive.
    * The Taptes.com USB hub. I really wanted the Jeda.com version but the Taptes was 1/3 the price for one less USB; and this all ports are read/write, which it wasn’t early on (so many reviews hold this against them). The Jeda is reported to fit slightly better but again, not enough to justify the cost (for me).
    * I splurged on a Black Friday ‘Hansshow tailgate kick sensor’. I purchased it from RPMTesla.com. It hasn’t even arrived so no reviews yet.
  • > @Rafmagns said:
    > I research the heck out of everything, but in a few cases I decided that the best reviewed didn’t always justify the extra cost. Here are some things I’ve picked up so far:
    One more item. I bought a ‘Kingston Digital FCR-ML3C MobileLite Duo 3C, USB 3.1 + Type C, Microsd Card Reader, microSDHC/microSDXC’ and a ‘SanDisk 128GB MAX Endurance microSDXC Card’ from Amazon for the Sentry Mode. I researched differ storage options (speed, endurance, outside temperature, RW speeds, cost) and this option combination came out ahead.
  • > @Rafmagns said:
    > I research the heck out of everything, but in a few cases I decided that the best reviewed didn’t always justify the extra cost. Here are some things I’ve picked up so far:
    > * Screen protector from Abstract Ocean (ordered through shop.teslarati.com). Half the price of the top rated and recommended by a friend for its ease for installment.
    > * 3D MAXpider mats for the passenger cabin because they don’t look like heavy duty rubber mats. I haven’t had them long enough to review them.
    > * Tasmanian.com rear trunk mat, because it is heavy duty and I liked the look of it better than the 3D for the back
    > * Center console wrap in ‘matte deep black’ from EVwraps.com They seemed to be universally liked and were not too expensive.
    > * The Taptes.com USB hub. I really wanted the Jeda.com version but the Taptes was 1/3 the price for one less USB; and this all ports are read/write, which it wasn’t early on (so many reviews hold this against them). The Jeda is reported to fit slightly better but again, not enough to justify the cost (for me).
    > * I splurged on a Black Friday ‘Hansshow tailgate kick sensor’. I purchased it from RPMTesla.com. It hasn’t even arrived so no reviews yet.

WOWWWW. Thank you so soooo much. Ok so the 3d Maxspider is good for the main cabin but not as sturdy for the trunk? Or after getting them do you think they would be sturdy enough for the trunk? I was planning to only get the 3d for the main cabin and the trunk. Didn't think the frunk needed it since I only plan to put groceries in there now and then.
    Thank you once again.
  • I can’t say that the 3D is not as sturdy for the trunk because I didn’t get it. I made my decision based on aesthetics. I did get the Frunk mat just to protect against spills but probably not necessary.
  • Anything from Abstract Ocean is highly recommended.
  • @Rafmagns,

Nice write up, did you install the Hansshow tailgate kick sensor yourself? would you recommend?

@Ben_Jammin,

I bought the same set up mat wise as @rafmagns and love the combo, the front and rear passenger mats look awesome and they clean up nicely.

The Tasmanian.com rearcarge mat looks great and is easy to yank out and shake the dirt out of.

I bought a different hub (getjeda.com) I think a hub is needed for sure.
  • I have been experimenting with accessories and here is my take in order of purchase priority :

- Winter floor Liners (mats) : Oedro from Amazon : I wanted the Tesmanian one, but I needed one urgently so went with Amazon. The Oedro is also TPE and fits well with full side to side coverage.

- Screen Protector : SUMK from Amazon : It is half the price of others and just as good (9H, oleophobic etc).

- USB Hub - RPMTesla - it was a bit hard to install, but works very well and was priced well.

- Sentry mode storage : Amazon - I use a USB-A SanDisk Ultra Fit thats practically invisible.

- Front plate holder : Livingtesla - I do not like the stock adhesive ones. I ordered SnapPlates from livingtesla and their customer service is unbelievable !

- Center console cover : RPMTesla - I personally have a Pearl White ABS cover and it is overpriced. Looking at friends, some of the Amazon ones are equally good at 1/3 the price.

- Interior Camera cover : RPMTesla -it looks really nice and easy to install.

- Summer Mats : Lloyd Mats store - I am custom ordering them as have the colors and pile weights that you can select from.

Still looking for a well designed phone holder.
  • I bought the 3D Maxspider 5 pieces package from Teslarati for my Model Y and it works great. I hand wash my car and the mats clean up very easily with just water for mud and sand from the beach. It is not quite like a factory carpet Tesla mats. I have bought other accessories from Teslarati and Abstract Ocean and highly recommend both of them.
  • > @electric_ftw said:
    > - Front plate holder : Livingtesla - I do not like the stock adhesive ones. I ordered SnapPlates from livingtesla and their customer service is unbelievable !

I forgot to mention the plate holder. I also went with the livingtesla.com version. I liked it better than some of the competition because the breakaway aspect.

@steveroach - I have not installed it yet but plan to do it myself. I have taken door and hatch panels off (and on and off and on and off) my old Toyota and my wife’s Volt so I feel comfortable taking it on.