General

Best place to buy aftermarket accessories.

Hi everyone. We put in our order for our Model Y and it should be ready soon. We are going to get the essentials aka a screen protector, all weather mats etc. I've heard names like Teslarati, Abstract Ocean etc. Who sells the best quality stuff and who should we go with?

Also any feedback on the 3D MAXpider floor mats from Teslarati? Are they really all weather? Aka they can take sand, water etc and clean easy? Just asking because they seem like carpet type mats and I'm not sure how easy they are to clean.

Thank you.

Benjamin.

Comments

• I think where to buy depends on what you buy. I've been happy with things that I got from abstract ocean.

I got the Maxpider kagu mats. I got them before a road trip in the fall (leaves) and there was snow and wet weather. They were much easier to clean than the OEM mats. I could use the regular suction mode of the Dyson portable vacuum cleaner. This made it last longer through a charge. With the carpet mats, I had to use max suction and charge frequently. I especially like that they don't look like all weather mats.

I got the mat for the trunk from Tesla. I tried to save money before and got black towels. I figured I would wash the towels as needed. I've learned that it's easier to vacuum the mat, which wouldn't shift the way the towels did.
  • > @TranzNDance said:
    > I think where to buy depends on what you buy. I've been happy with things that I got from abstract ocean.
    >
    > I got the Maxpider kagu mats. I got them before a road trip in the fall (leaves) and there was snow and wet weather. They were much easier to clean than the OEM mats. I could use the regular suction mode of the Dyson portable vacuum cleaner. This made it last longer through a charge. With the carpet mats, I had to use max suction and charge frequently. I especially like that they don't look like all weather mats.
    >
    > I got the mat for the trunk from Tesla. I tried to save money before and got black towels. I figured I would wash the towels as needed. I've learned that it's easier to vacuum the mat, which wouldn't shift the way the towels did.

Thank you so much.
  • I made a long list of Tesla specific products, accessories, and modification services that you may find helpful:
    https://teslatap.com/links/#product-accessories