Model 3

Title Not Received (NJ)

Took delivery in September 20 , just got NJ registration in the mail but haven’t received a title (Me or my Bank),
Please guide me further .

Comments

• I would not worry. Likely the DMV is still backed up. I suspect your bank will handle it.
  • As Governor Murphy says, the DMV workers are knuckle heads. Those cov-idiots will send you the title eventually. You just have to be patient.
  • @Lonestar10_1999_98049184: Give the NJ DMV a bit of a break. Something like a third or more of the places are shut down due to workers getting infected, then everybody having to go home to isolate for a couple weeks, later, rinse, repeat.
    Given that the 9/11 attackers got their (fake) NJ drivers licenses by bribing/bamboozling DMV agents, NJ put into place some serious security procedures so That Doesn't Happen Again. The implication is that Working at Home isn't going to fly for things like licenses and titles.
    The OP is going to get his title, might just take a bit.
  • > @vekrishcan said:
    > Took delivery in September 20 , just got NJ registration in the mail but haven’t received a title (Me or my Bank),
    > Please guide me further .

Did you ever get it?

I got my registration a few weeks ago but no sign of the title.
  • Anybody in any state get their title weeks after registration?
  • Well, back in 2018 we got ours a couple of weeks after getting the car. But that was decidedly well before COVID.
    I strongly suspect that this isn't Tesla, but the DMV. At the time we got the car over here, the Service Center was up to their butts in cars to be delivered.
    Last I heard three DMV offices closed down because of COVID cases in the staff, the same day that three other ones opened. At this point it's appointments only over there. No question, they're struggling.
    I mean, this isn't news: There's a major pandemic and surge on right now and the governor seems to be leaning to a close-down pretty soon.
  • Your state DMV has a website that tells you how to contact them.
  • Still no title emails to Tesla go unanswered so not sure if I should be worried or it will come in the future. I got the reg oh like 3+ weeks ago.
  • If you got your registration, then obviously Tesla told NJ you bought the car. I think it is on NJ at this point. In PA our registration has a title number on it. Does NJ include that?
  • > @"joe.lynn.atp_98248453" said:
    > If you got your registration, then obviously Tesla told NJ you bought the car. I think it is on NJ at this point. In PA our registration has a title number on it. Does NJ include that?

No in NJ you get 2 seperate docs a Reg and a Title.
  • FWIW: The Star Ledger stated yesterday that half the DMV offices in NJ are closed due to workers coming down with COVID and, as a result, the rest of the DMV office workers going home to self-isolate. Methinks productivity over at the DMV is well below the sloths at Zootopia.
  • My concern is the reg was done weeks ago it would make sense to have done them together no?