Model S

44.25 Fixes....For MCU2 Upgraded Vehicles

1. Backup camera lighting. Noticed it this evening. I could clearly see on the screen. Significantly better lighting through the backup camera.

2 Non-premium sound. Not so sure of this but sound seems richer. Doesn’t seem ‘baseless’ post upgrade. Need to confirm.

2017 S75. Grin on!

Comments

• Just got my MCU2 upgrade today. Haven't had a chance to play with Sentry (which was probably 20% of the reason for the upgrade). The trip back from the dealer is really first impressions. Much much faster response...especially with the voice controls. So far, no blackouts or lockups. It seems a little colorblind, though. Several intersections it wanted to come to a complete stop for green lights. Sound seemed fine to me (I had heard people complain) however, I'm not an audiophile...talk radio and baseball don't have a lot of dynamic range. Forgot how much of a pain it was to put together all the settings...and of course, that's all gone. Screen seems better, but that may be expectation bias.
  • > @JediJD said:
    > Forgot how much of a pain it was to put together all the settings...and of course, that's all gone. Screen seems better, but that may be expectation bias.

I've heard others losing settings as well. Only thing that needed redoing for me was programming remotes for HomeLink. Everything else was retained.

Screen is most definitely more vivid and crisp in my view.

Enjoy.
  • @JediJD - At this time the car will require confirmation to continue through a green light unless there is a car in front in the same lane. You really need to read the manual, as the operation is complex, and NOT obvious.
  • My non premium sound system still has no bass and 1/2 volume from the 2 rear door speakers. This update didn't fix it.
  • Yeah, I'm gonna pass on MCU2. Bought a few more shares instead...
  • @ Craig1965: That STILL has yet to be fixed? Is service not addressing it?
  • My rear speaker bass came back after finally correcting the MCU2 fitment. I bought Light Harmonic replacement door speakers just to upgrade the system some.
  • No, I don't think they are going to fix it. They just said Engineering looking into it and will get back to me, that was 1/2 year ago. They did adjust my bill, but still haven't heard from them even after an email. I guess I will just live with it till there is a fix. Or maybe if I put the FM back in it would fix it in the future???