General

Updates for AutoPilot?

I'm a new owner & absolutely love the car (AWD Model 3, no FSD). I'm using AP fairly regularly & think it absolutely adds to the pleasure of "driving" the car.

While I'm stoked to see all the FSD Beta attention, I'm wondering if AP is going to improve as well (get some of the FSD features) or if AP is what it is?

-EV3GO

Comments

• I doubt you will see additional features without upgrading. They have to differentiate FSD from AP to justify the cost.
  • Maybe someday Tesla will add Auto Lane Change to standard AP, which would make it more useful, but don’t expect FSD features without paying for them.
  • They could offer an upgrade to EAP which would include auto lane change. There's also a subscription option for FSD in the future. You're unlikely to get new features for free, though.
  • I agree & hope for the upgrade for auto lane change.

A subscription for FSD wouldn't be bad...

> @TranzNDance said:
    > They could offer an upgrade to EAP which would include auto lane change. There's also a subscription option for FSD in the future. You're unlikely to get new features for free, though.
  • To avoid confusing people, note that EAP already includes Auto Lane Change and most of the other FSD features, but basic AP only includes TACC and Autosteer.

Haven't heard anything lately about the FSD subscription. Hopefully it's still in the works. I already have FSD, but the subscription would be great for others who aren't ready to buy FSD outright.
  • So in my 2020 Model 3, I guess I have AP.

Heck, I'd pay to "upgrade" to EAP if that were an option.

> @EVRider said:
    > To avoid confusing people, note that EAP already includes Auto Lane Change and most of the other FSD features, but basic AP only includes TACC and Autosteer.
    >
    > Haven't heard anything lately about the FSD subscription. Hopefully it's still in the works. I already have FSD, but the subscription would be great for others who aren't ready to buy FSD outright.
  • > @EV3GO said:
    > So in my 2020 Model 3, I guess I have AP.
    >
    > Heck, I'd pay to "upgrade" to EAP if that were an option.
    >

It was an option in September, for $4,000.
  • I got the car October 19th :wink:

Hoping to see that option again.

> @EVRider said:
    > > @EV3GO said:
    > > So in my 2020 Model 3, I guess I have AP.
    > >
    > > Heck, I'd pay to "upgrade" to EAP if that were an option.
    > >
    >
    > It was an option in September, for $4,000.
    >
  • Maybe at the end of Q4...