Model 3

Kelly BB value with and without FSD

I decided to see if Kelly blue book has settings for FSD and EAP, it does , so i plugged in the same car info just changing that one thing. here are the differences in value according to Kelly blue book.

$34,646 - $38,220 FSD + $200

$34,454 - $38,028 EAP + $900

$33,536 - $37,110 NO FSD or EAP

Comments

• So FSD has a market value of $1,100. I had it at $1,700 when I compared my car with basic AP to same car with FSD.
  • Zac

Not sure what is up with the kbb numbers or if your doing something wrong on their system because it’s obviously wrong.

How would EAP be 900 and FSD be only 200 since EAP is a subset of FSD. Fish is zac one of your other logins?

Last time I ran the numbers FSD came in at 3500 and that was when FSD was selling for 5000. Now that it’s selling for 10000 even the 3500 is probably higher.
  • When I thought about trading in last year FSD had no value at all through CarMax, Carvana or the dealer. My pristine 2018 P3D+ with FSD was valued as a sedan long range. No consideration for Performance or FSD.
  • Howard,

You should listen to carmax and carvana, and sell your car immediately before it gets any worse. What does carmax/caravan say? I am sure one of us would buy it immediately for that price. /s
  • Hahahaha, Howard, thanks for pointing out carmax and carvana! First carvana is showing 5000+ for used cars with fsd. Second carmax doesn’t have used Tesla m3s and to get a price you need to make an appointment. They will not give you a price over the internet. So please post your car for the price you are quoted from car max/carvana so we can buy it at a steep discount.
  • A6 troll clown schooled again I see! As was requested, let's see your offer you were given or this is another fabricated lie...
  • I checked it out and the difference with and without EAP+FSD is $2,300.
  • Bought my 18 used from a big dealer of used Tesla's in Houston. Spent about 6 months checking out prices of cars they sold. While they don't mention it in their online ads, they do factor in FSD into the price. I ended up paying about $3000 more for a FSD car over an almost identical one without FSD.
    Nice thing is it goes with the car, not the owner.
    Shortly after I got it, got the free upgrade to 3.0 from 2.5 from Tesla.
  • This is unsurprising as the market does not understand the value of FSD. Main problem being that FSD is not complete, so its software that is work in progress.

Once FSD is complete and there is a Tesla network, it will be a completely different story. Car value could increase by $50k.
  • Lol Andy, I don't think so.
  • It will be valued at whatever it can return. Autonomous cab income plus not paying a driver salary.
  • I happily purchased FSD for my 2019 LR RWD. However, I do not believe we will see autonomous cab income for many many years, if ever. I speak as a past CEO of a company dispatching to 15,000 taxicabs in 15 cities. The regulatory and liability environment will deter that from occurring anytime sooner.
  • How long until it deploys is not the factor. Economics would force the value of the car to be the value of not paying a driver salary, and the value of a years worth of cab income, and some multiplier based on the car's lifespan.

If Tesla network can save $30k per year in driver salary, and bring in another $30k of cab income, $60k per year that car is worth without consideration of the car itself. Those are random numbers but the economics of it would follow something close to that whatever the actual numbers end up being. A robo cab doesnt have to eat or sleep.
  • Thats why $100k valuation of FSD software is very realistic.
  • Well a robo cab does kind of have to "eat"...electrons.. :)
  • Andy, see you in 2077 ;)
  • theres no way it'll take that long. but i'll see you when my cybertruck is paying for itself ;)
  • I got a quote from CarMax and they said they don't sell the Teslas anymore, they wholesale them out. I don't think their system is set up to appreciate the minor differences between an ICE and Tesla. They offered 33k cash for my 2018 RWD 18k miles and all the other bells and whistles. I currently have it on OnlyusedTeslas for $43k and am fielding 3 offers. I've heard Carmax is easy, but that's too much of a difference for me. Tesla offered $38 for trade.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > theres no way it'll take that long. but i'll see you when my cybertruck is paying for itself ;)

I was making a reference joke to Cyberpunk game that is about to come out ;)
  • Hmm, I didn’t know there is a demand for robotaxis.
  • there will be when they achieve self driving. so if you can see it coming get your foot in the door early.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > there will be when they achieve self driving. so if you can see it coming get your foot in the door early.

Andy, I get it you are more optimistic bc of your age. I am more sceptical bc of the government inability to move forward at any significant pace. It will get approved in limited cities first and then it will take years to push forward beyond that. I hope I am wrong and you are right!
  • Its a matter of time. Its going to happen. 5 years seems too long, but 1 or 2 years seems pretty optimistic.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Its a matter of time. Its going to happen. 5 years seems too long, but 1 or 2 years seems pretty optimistic.

So, how is it going to work? I don't use cabs, and drive only to a limited number of places. If I am using my car to get to work, then nobody else can use it to get to work at the same time.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > It will be valued at whatever it can return. Autonomous cab income plus not paying a driver salary.

Never ever going to happen in your Tesla if you own one. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid it’s all you have.