Model 3

cruse control unavailable

Driving in the rain, and some snow, my cruse control stopped working. Error on the display stated "Cruse control unavailable", and also said " Reduced front radar visibility" . Others see this? Normal?

Comments

• Yes, that’s normal if visibility conditions interfere with the front cameras. Rain has to be very heavy to make that happen, in my experience.
  • I have had this happen in rain so it was probably due to camera(s) windshield fogged over. Snow collection on the front facade could also cause this not sure if rain or snow, not building up on the facade, could also limit cruise control. It would be nice to be have the option to use dumb cruise control if conditions allowed. I do not believe other manufactures disallow old fashion cruise control operation other than a minimum speed requirement?
  • If the conditions are that bad, you probably shouldn't be using dumb cruise control either.
  • As the rain goes from light to heavy, first you lose NoA, then lanekeeping. They both come back, in order, as the rain lightens up.
    In my experience, heavy enough to kill lanekeeping is usually heavy enough so that one can't see the lane markings. At that point sane people are slowing down.
    What I'm curious about is how competent the FSD beta is in in heavy weather.
  • The other day I got the message and my front bumper was covered with icy snow even though it was not snowing much.

I agree that it would be nice to have at least the ability to limit speed but presently maximum speed cannot be limited while driving...
  • > @philippem said:
    > The other day I got the message and my front bumper was covered with icy snow even though it was not snowing much.
    >
    > I agree that it would be nice to have at least the ability to limit speed but presently maximum speed cannot be limited while driving...

What exactly do you mean by limiting the maximum speed while driving? What are you trying to accomplish?