Model S

New update on 2016 Model S

Yahoooo We have now vent windows option as well as open window notification glitch is gone. Plus priority device for a phone just like M3 and MY. Who else continues to offer new features for 4+ yo car for free!

Comments

• Using the app, vent your windows ... then close them back up without getting in the car.
  • > @rdr1rx said:
    > Using the app, vent your windows ... then close them back up without getting in the car.

Yes.
  • I'm going to not follow my own advice, and actually enable a new update.

Energy saving off, always connected on, advanced notification on... Fingers crossed!

If it kills my MCU1, so be it.
  • If it kills it I will pony up for MCU 2 ))
  • This is my third update for my S since I got the car in the end of October.
  • Keeping the MCU1 is the sustainable option, plus I like my non UHFS system to have bass, and a back up camera that works on the dark.

I know, they will fix those problems on a future update...
  • > @Aerodyne said:
    > Keeping the MCU1 is the sustainable option, plus I like my non UHFS system to have bass, and a back up camera that works on the dark.
    >
    > I know, they will fix those problems on a future update...

It was already addressed with latest update.
  • Is the "latest" update 2020.44.25, or some form of 2020.48.x?
  • That what I got.
    https://imgur.com/a/TFWlBeT
  • 2016 August built.
  • @WW_icefree - Thanks.
  • 2020.48.5 (for me) causes premature, unintentional track skipping on streaming radio, turning on heated driver’s seat with the Tesla app does not actually turn on the driver’s seat heater, and the back-up camera is dark at night (post upgrade to MCU2).
  • Also, on non-UHFS system post MCU2 upgrade, bass tones are there, the service center just needs to make sure the MCU2 connectors are US spec (MCU2 units have shipped to service centers for upgrades erroneously accompanied by Euro spec connectors)
  • Also unfortunately you can vent windows but can't close them back up. I have no clue why it is hard to implement that.
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > Also unfortunately you can vent windows but can't close them back up. I have no clue why it is hard to implement that.

Reason could be that there are no sensors on older cars that can detect if something is jammed between the window and the door jamb so for safety reason windows can’t be closed remotely.
  • > @jlhm said:
    > > @WW_icefree said:
    > > Also unfortunately you can vent windows but can't close them back up. I have no clue why it is hard to implement that.
    >
    > Reason could be that there are no sensors on older cars that can detect if something is jammed between the window and the door jamb so for safety reason windows can’t be closed remotely.
    >

I believe you are correct.
  • I have a 2017 S90D with a sunroof. Using the app, I can vent and close the sunroof, but I can only vent the windows. I thought the lack of window closing was due to safety as you may (un)intentionally close them when someone’s fingers are in them. This is less likely a safety issue with a vented sunroof. I think they allow closing windows only on solid glass roof cars as it is there is no other way to vent the car remotely.
  • One of the windows on my March 2016 Model S had closed on my arm once and the window quickly sensed resistance and opened completely.
  • Auto reverse and anti-pinch have been standard on automotive power windows for some time.

"The window motor has a pressure sensor that detects window motor movement when the glass has stopped moving, even minutely. If this occurs, the window reverses direction and moves downward."

Having a hard time believing the close window is a legitimate safety issue. I've had several cars with the ability to close all the windows using the FOB.
  • I think years ago you could open and close Model S windows with the key fob, but Tesla removed that feature, apparently citing safety concerns.

The app can both open and close windows in the Model 3, so it’s not a safety concern at this point. Not sure why Model S can’t do that.
  • If I remember correctly several years ago some numbskull while going through a car wash functioned the fob which opened all the windows. Soon after that great feature was gone.
  • The model S has a three button fob.
    The button function that used to control the windows is now used to start Summon.

My over 7 year old Ford Fusion Energi has a 5 button fob which does control the windows and the moon roof.
  • > @murphyS90D said:
    > The model S has a three button fob.
    > The button function that used to control the windows is now used to start Summon.

That shouldn't prevent Tesla from adding the feature to the mobile app for the Model S, as they already have for Model 3.
  • Press and hold the trunk button and the charge port door opens. The trunk button has a triple function to open and close the trunk and open the charge port.

The front/frunk button presently only has one function, to unlock the frunk. Could add a window function there.
  • I own a 2013 Model S and love it. My sunroof is jammed at about 30% and has an exposed spring on one side. Its taken 3 weeks just to get an appt to have it fixed. has anyone had similar problems?