Model 3

Seat Preheat not working

Hi Everybody,

I've had some issues with the preheating of my M3. More precisely with the seat preheating.

The heaters work fine while i'm in the car, but, if I preheat remotely (via the Tesla app, 15-30 minutes before driving) the seats are shown as "heating" both on the app and on the touchscreen, however they are cold and start heating only when I sit down and put the car into drive.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• That is strange. Can you set the preheat and check it in 10 min? Maybe your taking so long they shut off before you get out? I have not preheated that far in advance yet. 10 to 15 has been my max so far.
  • You don't need to pre heat 15-30 min before you leave. Car seats heat up almost instantly.
  • I’ve never noted car seat heaters to be very warm before actually sitting in them.
  • Ya, it's not like they will be hot to the touch. the heating element isn't exactly glued to the underside of the seat material. Once you put your weight on it, then the heat will quickly heat up the seat material and then you.

Now, what I have noticed lately in my MS is that event though the app shows the heaters on and I can physically feel it when sitting in the seat, looking down at the "seat" icon on the screen, the heating element icon is off. Only when I touch it to turn it off does it show the heat lines.
  • Let me clear this up you can pre heat cabin 10 min before you leave if you want but seats will warm up as soon as you turn them on when you seat in the car so no need to pre heat them ahead of the time.
  • Some cars require the seat to be occupied in order for the seat heater to operate. I can't find anything in the manual about whether this applies to M3, but wouldn't that make sense?
  • When you sit in the car*
  • Just had this happen on my Model S this morning. Preheated for 10 minutes like I usually do, but my drivers seat was ice cold.
  • > @"Family.Joules" said:
    > Some cars require the seat to be occupied in order for the seat heater to operate. I can't find anything in the manual about whether this applies to M3, but wouldn't that make sense?

My seats preheat without any occupant. All 5 of them
    Just this morning have done this - worked well