General

Vanity Plate Denied

I named the car "EV3GO" (think along the line of Star Wars droid names). The reply I got from NJDMV denied my request for a vanity plate with that name because:

Reason for Denial:
The combination you have requested is reserved for a Mayor license plate and therefore cannot process your transaction.

Comments

• That's a new one. I wonder what is a Mayor license plate is?
  • Apparently NJ Mayors like personalized plates. Who knew?

This guy even takes pictures of them.

http://njplates.moini.net/fmayor.html
  • guv'ment narcissism at its finest
  • How dare the mayor want a vanity plate...the nerve!
  • > @derotam said:
    > How dare the mayor want a vanity plate...the nerve!
    >

We agree [grin] - How Dare they?
    Since there is an additional cost...It's just another example of your tax dollars hard at work.

Thanks for playing derotam
  • Who says the mayor isn't paying for it? Yes, yes, I know the probable answer....but prove it.
  • The licensee pays the fee, although there must be some minor cost associated with keeping the program going.

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-39/section-39-3-27.114
  • So now do I:

1) Rename the car to match a vanity plate
    2) Leave the name & plate as is
  • > @EV3GO said:
    > I named the car "EV3GO" (think along the line of Star Wars droid names). The reply I got from NJDMV denied my request for a vanity plate with that name because:
    >
    > Reason for Denial:
    > The combination you have requested is reserved for a Mayor license plate and therefore cannot process your transaction.

With all the additional letters (vertical on each side of the plate), I find it hard to believe they could cram five letters into the remaining space.
  • Do an E, like Art3mis in reverse.

EVEGO.

If you are female it's even downright biblical.
  • edited December 2020
    > @FISHEV said:
    > Do an E, like Art3mis in reverse.
    >
    > EVEGO.
    >
    > If you are female it's even downright biblical.

Or a dash. EV-GO.

Not as cool as FISHEV but fanbois are never cool.
  • I went with something pretty nerdy.

I'll keep ya'll in suspense....Waiting to see if it's approved or not.
  • I used to live in NJ and you had to have approval from a government official for some license plates.
    Certaint letters belonged to specfic counties. U was for Union, L was Morris, M for Middlesex.
    My aunt got my parents one as a wedding gift since she was big in politics and my mom worked for a judge at the time. The numbers 1-7 were reserved for Mayors if I recall. My dad got the county initial with his two initials and our house number which was between 8 and 20.
  • E is for Essex county
  • Speaking of nerdy, I went with PURE EMF for my plate (named the car something different). Few people will probably get it, but that doesn't bother me!
  • Fine, I'm going to change mine to PURE EMI then!
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > MIL-464

Haha, nice!
  • I was thinking about THIS-IS for my Model 3 and THE-WAY for my wife’s Model Y.

Now, we would have to be riding the 2 Tesla always together. That would be a problem.
  • > @Maxxer said:
    > I was thinking about THIS-IS for my Model 3 and THE-WAY for my wife’s Model Y."

The kids better not be bigger than the Yodamite for that Model Y "third row".
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Maxxer said:
    > > I was thinking about THIS-IS for my Model 3 and THE-WAY for my wife’s Model Y."
    >
    > The kids better not be bigger than the Yodamite for that Model Y "third row".
    >

I don’t know what is going on with my kids, they are all slim even if they eat like crazy. emptying a Costco $400 grocery in 3 days.

They either have a Tenia Solium or they are genetically born for track and field.
  • > @Maxxer said: > I don’t know what is going on with my kids, they are all slim even if they eat like crazy. emptying a Costco $400 grocery in 3 days."

Better cut off the amphibian eggs before the Yodamites outgrow the Model Y before you buy it. Though I think they likely did that at birth.

Don't overlook "Star Trek Discovery" on CBS.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > Perhaps you should stick to things you're qualified for, like discussing sci-fi programming on the interwebs: https://www.reddit.com/user/EaglesPDX/posts/
    >

> @FISHEV said:
    > Don't overlook "Star Trek Discovery" on CBS.
    >

Thank you for taking my advice.
  • No denials about who he is or how long he's been posting here. That's refreshing.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @Maxxer said: > I don’t know what is going on with my kids, they are all slim even if they eat like crazy. emptying a Costco $400 grocery in 3 days."
    >
    > Better cut off the amphibian eggs before the Yodamites outgrow the Model Y before you buy it. Though I think they likely did that at birth.
    >
    > Don't overlook "Star Trek Discovery" on CBS.
    >
    >

Younger ones are 9 months and 2 years old. They should fit the third row for another 7 years if they don’t suffer from acromegalia and gigantism.